By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What is the best movie of all time/your favorite

I don't know whitch is the best but my favorite is Kill Bill 1&2.

Brawl Code- 3179-6370-3098 Name:Richi   

Mk Code-3480-4494-2675 Name:Richi

Around the Network
Reasonable said:
rocketpig said:
When did "Lord of the Rings" become a movie? Did I miss something?

Anyway, the best movie ever IMO is 2001: A Space Odyssey with Apocalypse Now and Citizen Kane right on its tail.

My favorite movie? One of Empire Strikes Back, Breakfast at Tiffany's, or Fellowship of the Ring. Dunno, take your pick.

Great choice.  I couldn't narrow it down like that myself, but removing preference, etc. from the equation if I had to pick one film over everything else based on pure neutral criteria it would be 2001.  It's one of very few films ever I've seen which I felt was pure cinema, relying almost nothing of traditional narrative techniques and dialogue driven approaches taken by films from books.

Can't fault CK or AN either as good second choices, although for some reason I've always really preferred The Third Man to Citizen Kane - I love the angles and lighting, Lime's famous little line of dialogue, plus that ending.

The Third Man is also an excellent movie. I chose CK because of its impact on film as a whole and because that's where Welles started playing with lighting and camera angles. Either choice is a good one. AN is just a mind-blowing film, especially the Redux. Every time I watch it I see something unique that I missed in previous viewings.

But, for the reasons you said, I think 2001 is on a slightly different level. Every level of the movie is so well planned and Kubrick really mastered how to use silence in a horrifying way.

On a side note, did anyone catch Joker saying "If you start singing Daisy Bell, I'm DONE." in Mass Effect 2? Fucking hilarious.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/