By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Some NBA Jam screens

Baddman said:
Imphamis said:
I thought this was seriously a joke at first.

same here game looks weird if u ask me

That's the point you know.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network

I have to wait for videos

buying it day 1, nba jam TE and hangtime were some of my favorites on their respective systems. They shouldn't release it full price, although i'd still buy it at $50.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

lovin it...

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

i hope it looks as good in motion. If its a fun game then im definately buying this

Around the Network

I disagree with those saying that this game shouldn't be full price. I mean, why should it not? Heck, look at all the people buying football games for $60 every year!

We bought New Super Mario Bros Wii at full price, and it's not unlike a game right off the SNES. NBA Jam was sold at full price back in the day, and it was one of the best selling titles on the Genesis / MD. They just need to fill this current game with enough content that people will feel it's worth spending $50 on, just as it was so long ago.

I'm sure it's possible they're unable to find improvements worthy enough (like NSMB Wii's added multiplayer as its main draw), but I feel like it'd be a wasted opportunity considering how popular this series once was. Maybe some sort of extra mode that uses motion plus for shots? I don't know, but they should find something that works, something worth $50, instead of being forced to budget price it because it plays like a port.

I think we need to get over the idea in which development costs or the length of the games should correlate with the game's price. As long as the game has great replayability and content, there isn't a problem. I mean, over 3 million people in Japan bought Wii Sports at nearly full price. I feel like this is part of the reason we never get any old school (arcade-like) games nowadays, even if they would do well.

I'm pretty sure the average consumer has a very different opinion regarding pricing compared to (us) enthusiasts, as is evidenced by the Wii itself.

c0rd said:

I disagree with those saying that this game shouldn't be full price. I mean, why should it not? Heck, look at all the people buying football games for $60 every year!

We bought New Super Mario Bros Wii at full price, and it's not unlike a game right off the SNES. NBA Jam was sold at full price back in the day, and it was one of the best selling titles on the Genesis / MD. They just need to fill this current game with enough content that people will feel it's worth spending $50 on, just as it was so long ago.

I'm sure it's possible they're unable to find improvements worthy enough (like NSMB Wii's added multiplayer as its main draw), but I feel like it'd be a wasted opportunity considering how popular this series once was. Maybe some sort of extra mode that uses motion plus for shots? I don't know, but they should find something that works, something worth $50, instead of being forced to budget price it because it plays like a port.

I think we need to get over the idea in which development costs or the length of the games should correlate with the game's price. As long as the game has great replayability and content, there isn't a problem. I mean, over 3 million people in Japan bought Wii Sports at nearly full price. I feel like this is part of the reason we never get any old school (arcade-like) games nowadays, even if they would do well.

I'm pretty sure the average consumer has a very different opinion regarding pricing compared to (us) enthusiasts, as is evidenced by the Wii itself.

I agree in the content part. So far we don't know anything about it. But if it's just a graphically enhanced NBA Jam, I rather pay $8 for it on VC. I was never a huge fan though, fun game but wouldn't pay full price for it even on Snes.

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

"Using photos looks lazy."

The original game used sprites made from photos, same as Mortal Kombat.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

I wasn't really excited till I saw this pictures.
Looks like it'll be crazy fun!

Looks like fun. Never played NBA Jam. I take it this is a 2.5D game like NSMBW/SFIV/TvsC?

If it's fun and easy to play and has multiplayer (I assume at least 2) this should easily become the best selling NBA on Wii. Perhaps on any system.