By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - With Wii's birthday coming up a look at its first year

I feel we're gonna get something good on Wii's birthday.

Wii COLLECTION:Legend Of Zelda TP, Super Paper Mario, Wi Play, Resident Evil 4, Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3
Xbox 360 COLLECTION:Mass Effect, Gears Of War, Halo 3, Rumble Roses(Im Ashamed) , Call Of Duty 4
PS3 COLLECTION:Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Ratchet And Clank, Uncharted: Drakes Fortune

"MUST HAVE TITLES"
Zack & Wiki, Medal Of Honor: Heroes, Rygar : Battle Of Argus, Tales Of Symphonia: Knight Of RatatosK, Super Smash Bros: Brawl, No More Heroes, Final Fantasy: Crystal Cronicles 2, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, Soul Calibur: Legends, Mario Kart:Wii , Battalion War:II, Assassin's Creed, God Of War 3, Ninja Gaiden II, White Knight Chronicles, Disagea 3, Resident Evil 5,

"END OF THE YEAR PREDICTIONS"
|Wii- 40.46 Million | Xbox 360- 32.52 Million | PS3- 31.50 Million|
Around the Network
OnE3nD said:
I feel we're gonna get something good on Wii's birthday.

Well, seeing how the Wii's birthday is next Monday, a day when the Wii usually gets a new batch of Virtual Console games, there is a possibility that we might get some a new, awesome virtual console game, maybe just some free Wii points, or even both at the same time!

Or it could be absolutely nothing and we will move on with our lives. Hoping for the former tho. 

Explanation of sig:

I am a Pakistani.....my name is Dan....how hard is that? (Don't ask about the 101...apparantely there are more of me out there....)

I dont think itll be free Wii Points. I really hope a great game.

Zombies Ate my Neighbors
Earthbound
SMRPG
Zelda: MM

Any of these would do :D

Brawl FC: 4382-1668-1880
Name:Brsch

Animal Crossing City Folk

FC: 2492-8227-9090           Town: McAwesom          Name: Gary

Add me and send me a PM with your FC!

okay, maybe not free wii points, but maybe it could be a discount on virtual console games...that might be cool

Explanation of sig:

I am a Pakistani.....my name is Dan....how hard is that? (Don't ask about the 101...apparantely there are more of me out there....)

Here's my brief take on the past year and a look at the one ahead:

Past Year Sales - Blockbuster year number one. The only two negatives I can think of are that Nintendo hasn't been able to make more and that demand has begun to slack off in Japan a bit. We'll have to see if that's temporary or...

Next Year Sales - ...will they remain soft after the holidays are over? Sales in the US will remain high and Europe will be the wild card. The Wii should easily pass the sales of the GameCube by early 2008. But once all of those GameCubes have been replaced, will demand begin to soften across the globe? Software is going to be key in 2008. The Wii can't sell forever based upon Wii Sports alone. Speaking of...

Past Year Games - Crap. Besides a few great first party games and a handful of some good third party ones, this past year has been a major letdown on the software side of things. Enough ports and mini game collections! Except those Raving Rabbids. I'm looking forward to the sequel.

Next Year Games - The outlook is muddled. Nintendo will bring out some major sequel to their key franchises. And Wii Fit and other 'ungames' should continue to help diversify the lineup. As for third parties, it seems like many still don't get it. It'll be interesting to see what happens when Wii Ware finally launches.

Past Year Overall - Amazing sales, some good games here and there, and an online plan that has yet to impress. Yes, the Wii has a lot of potential. But will it live up to it?

Next Year Overall - Quick answer is 'No'. 2008 will continue to be a building year and I don't think we'll see what the Wii is really capable of from a major game standpoint until 2009. But 2009 and beyond is a discussion for another time.

(As for the comparisons, Avinash_Tyagi, if you look past the 49 weeks you'll note that the Wii faces much stiffer competition from the PS2/DS in their second full year. So year one has been good, but can Wii ramp up to those levels? PS2, maybe. DS though? Hmmm... Not sure.)

Numbers are like people. Torture them enough and you can get them to say anything you want.

VGChartz Resident Thread Killer

Around the Network

wii also had a very good year with games

on the wiis birthday... well thats when the mii contest, no hat mario finishes i think? something special for the winner :P ? i hope they release a few good vc games. im keen for lion king snes!!!

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

Steve 3.2 said:
Here's my brief take on the past year and a look at the one ahead:

Past Year Sales - Blockbuster year number one. The only two negatives I can think of are that Nintendo hasn't been able to make more and that demand has begun to slack off in Japan a bit. We'll have to see if that's temporary or...

Next Year Sales - ...will they remain soft after the holidays are over? Sales in the US will remain high and Europe will be the wild card. The Wii should easily pass the sales of the GameCube by early 2008. But once all of those GameCubes have been replaced, will demand begin to soften across the globe? Software is going to be key in 2008. The Wii can't sell forever based upon Wii Sports alone. Speaking of...

Past Year Games - Crap. Besides a few great first party games and a handful of some good third party ones, this past year has been a major letdown on the software side of things. Enough ports and mini game collections! Except those Raving Rabbids. I'm looking forward to the sequel.

Next Year Games - The outlook is muddled. Nintendo will bring out some major sequel to their key franchises. And Wii Fit and other 'ungames' should continue to help diversify the lineup. As for third parties, it seems like many still don't get it. It'll be interesting to see what happens when Wii Ware finally launches.

Past Year Overall - Amazing sales, some good games here and there, and an online plan that has yet to impress. Yes, the Wii has a lot of potential. But will it live up to it?

Next Year Overall - Quick answer is 'No'. 2008 will continue to be a building year and I don't think we'll see what the Wii is really capable of from a major game standpoint until 2009. But 2009 and beyond is a discussion for another time.

(As for the comparisons, Avinash_Tyagi, if you look past the 49 weeks you'll note that the Wii faces much stiffer competition from the PS2/DS in their second full year. So year one has been good, but can Wii ramp up to those levels? PS2, maybe. DS though? Hmmm... Not sure.)

A few flaws, first off PS2 demand was down at this point in its life, even less than the wii is now, secondly Wii with competition has done better or at least as well as the other two, a bigger feat, saying the wii is weakening proves you failed history.

Also saying Wii games the past year is crap proves you don't know what you're talking about, games like Zack and Wiki, Mario Galaxy, etc. are  among the best this gen

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

^^^^ I wouldn't say that Mario Galaxy and Zack and Wiki are among the best this gen but they are very good games. But best is pushing it, especially with ME, Assasins Creed, GoW3, Killzone 2, DMC4, FFXIII, LBP, GTAIV, Fable 2 not being out yet.

DMeisterJ said:
^^^^ I wouldn't say that Mario Galaxy and Zack and Wiki are among the best this gen but they are very good games. But best is pushing it, especially with ME, Assasins Creed, GoW3, Killzone 2, DMC4, FFXIII, LBP, GTAIV, Fable 2 not being out yet.

you're right, how could he be so stupid!

they are the best this gen! 

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!