By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - More Evidence for Mass Effect on PS3

they found this in PC version of MAss effect 2:

"

Does PC version of Mass Effect contains evidence of PS3 version?
Today my communicator brought me a message from my buddy containing this:

[SFXGame.BioSFHandler_CharacterR?ecord2]
m_nMaxRenegade=1900
m_nMaxParagon=1957
m_srXPFormat=340881
m_srSpendTalentPointsMessageXBox?=348754
m_srParagonRenegadeMessageXBox=3?48755
m_srSpendTalentPointsMessagePC=3?48753
m_srParagonRenegadeMessagePC=348?755
m_srSpendTalentPointsMessagePS3=?348755 <<<<
m_srParagonRenegadeMessagePS3=15?3007 <<<<

For the uninitiated, the above is a source of code from PC version of new Bioware creation.
Does this mean that the PS3 version will be released later? (Temporary exclusively for Xbox 360 and PC?)Do work on port for PS3 were discontinued?

OR are those only remains of the Multi-platform game engine (which is contradicted by a fairly accurate command names like "ParagonRenegadeMessage" - Paragon and Ranegade are the status of reputation for our characters.
I got this strange filling that the Shepard is closer to the PS3 than we all think. What is your opinion ?

"http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=pl&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kikoo.pl%2Fnews%2F3045-1%2FMass-Effect-2-na-ps3%2F

let's not forget the last game that this happened to.Bioshock Pc version had some PS3 codings exactly like this when asked 2K the said no no no and we all know what happened .

UPDATE:CVG has contacted bioware for comment on this and possibility of ME on PS3 and  they replied:

" "No comment on that one." Delivered in a polite manner, we may add."

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=233399

Around the Network

Its hard to say. There sure have been alot of "leaks" about this coming for PS3 but Bioware has said there are no plans at the moment... Honestly who knows if i was anyone here i wouldnt hold my breath for a PS3 version. Just get it on PC

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

It's obviously happening. Something like the GTA double pack on xbox if I had to guess.

it's not for me ,,,i posted it for people who like rpg.I can't play rpgs.not my cup of tea.

Who knows,maybe,maybe not.

Around the Network

If it came to PS3 Id hope they would do an overhaul and make it more like Mass Effect 2, in gameplay aspects. But I hope it never comes, this gen has been horrible for exclusives as everything is multiplat nowadays

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Its the Bioshock scenario all over again! Code found in PC version + no denial from developer = guarantee.

I heard that it's not in the PC version of the original Mass Effect either, so this isn't just some UE3 thing.

Grooski said:
Its the Bioshock scenario all over again! Code found in PC version + no denial from developer = guarantee.

actually 2k even deinied it.they said no PS3 version will NEVER happen and 8 months later it was revealed.

EA. Obviously will go multiplat. It's naive to believe the opposite, imo.
The only question in my mind is if Bioware is doing the port themselves or not.