By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Exec: Gran Turismo 5 Launching “This Fall”

http://www.gtplanet.net/sony-exec-gran-turismo-5-launching-this-fall/

Sony Exec: Gran Turismo 5 Launching “This Fall”

February 1st, 2010 by Jordan

Uh oh. In an interview with Spanish website Canarias Al Dia, CEO of Sony Entertainment Portugal James Armstrong had some disconcerting words for Gran Turismo fans. Via Google translation (user subsonic offers another, human translation):

We believe that launching the product this fall, before Christmas, but not yet decided.  I do not rule that uses the MC but I doubt it. ‘GT 5′ is a great hope for Sony, a very important game for the company, which generates much income. We would have wanted him out before but we think the priority we are giving it our best. I’m very confident in this game that we launch this year and help us consolidate PS3 as the console that is large.

This actually isn’t the first time we’ve heard from Mr. Armstrong. Back in November of 2008, he told a Spanish financial newspaper that GT5 would “arrive at Christmas [2009]” – a date which was both privately disclosed and publicly confirmed several times throughout last year before Yamauchi set the now-postponed Japanese release date for March of 2010. Nevertheless, his reputation unfortunately precedes him, making his comments all the more believable. For the rest of us, the release date drama continues…

Around the Network

They mean business this time.

if they push it back again im not buying it . i dont care HOW great it is .

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

They need to hurry up and release the definitive racing game this generation.

Buuuut... On the plus side, Fall will also have a new series of Top Gear. The game will more than likely be featured on the show. A very good advertising technique, considering the viewers Top Gear gets.

Attoyou said:

I reached that point a while ago. It's in my buy used when it's cheap category. It probably wouldn't have happened if I didn't buy DiRT 2.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network

I called it:

Slimebeast said:
I think they won't release GT5 until the Holidays. Now that it's been delayed so many times, they might as well put it out when it's needed the most, since Sony's Holiday lineup is quite thin compared to the first half of 2010.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?post=3055401&page=1&postnum=8

You'd think they'd understand by this point that brand name isn't infallible. Delaying GT again and again and again makes more and more people not care.

Was a smart move to delay it this time though. Put it out during holiday and get massive sales. If they delay it past the holidays then they are stupid.

nordlead said:
Attoyou said:

I reached that point a while ago. It's in my buy used when it's cheap category. It probably wouldn't have happened if I didn't buy DiRT 2.

Oh com'on you two. It's going to be the greatest racing game ever thanks to the long time in development.

Don't bail out like that.

Moo. Hype level depleting...almost at zero now.

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix!