By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Exec: Gran Turismo 5 Launching “This Fall”

Slimebeast said:
nordlead said:
Attoyou said:
if they push it back again im not buying it . i dont care HOW great it is .

I reached that point a while ago. It's in my buy used when it's cheap category. It probably wouldn't have happened if I didn't buy DiRT 2.

Oh com'on you two. It's going to be the greatest racing game ever thanks to the long time in development.

Don't bail out like that.

GT5 will have been in 5 different E3 showings. (first showing E3 2006 as Gran Turismo HD, which was then scrapped and called GT5 in 2007) I think people may stop caring at this point and not feel bad.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network
nordlead said:
Slimebeast said:
nordlead said:
Attoyou said:

I reached that point a while ago. It's in my buy used when it's cheap category. It probably wouldn't have happened if I didn't buy DiRT 2.

Oh com'on you two. It's going to be the greatest racing game ever thanks to the long time in development.

GT5 will have been in 5 different E3 showings. (first showing E3 2006 as Gran Turismo HD, which was then scrapped and called GT5 in 2007) I think people may stop caring at this point and not feel bad.

Anger and disappointment, yes is perfectly normal when the subject is something you are passionate about.

But it will all disappear and hype level will be at the roof a couple of months before Christmas.

5 E3's... I wonder if that's a record.

But I gotta wonder, how does him pegging the last date wrong make him credible?

Back in November of 2008, he told a Spanish financial newspaper that GT5 would “arrive at Christmas [2009]”

makingmusic476 said:
But I gotta wonder, how does him pegging the last date wrong make him credible?

Back in November of 2008, he told a Spanish financial newspaper that GT5 would “arrive at Christmas [2009]”

Because of delays. But even back then in 2008 he (probably) leaked credible info which the Sony departments had recieved about a projected release date.

Human contact, the final frontier.

Around the Network

Sorry about that. I'm willing to wait for it, but it better be great.

Human contact, the final frontier.

nordlead said:
Slimebeast said:
nordlead said:
Attoyou said:

Wat.  GTHD has been available as a free download on the PlayStation Store since the ps3's launch.  It was basically GT4 with a new GUI and higher poly cars.

At E307 they announced GT5: Prologue (and by extension GT5), which launched only five months later in December in Japan.

They didn't really start heavy development on GT5 until late 2006, after they finished up Tourist Trophy for ps2, and during the development of TT, GTHD, and GT5 they were simultaneously developing GT PSP, which only dropped a few months ago.

They haven't been that bad.  They've actually had quite a lot on their plate, while seemingly managing to release not one but two games with ~1000 cars each within a year of each other (assuming GT5 makes it out this year, which is basically a given at this point).

This game better turn out really good, or a lot of people are going to be unhappy.

it makes sense, using GT5 to help smoother the NATAL hype + SONY's own motion

wouldn't it be funny if these "delays" (no official release dates ever given outside Japan afaik) are due to them making a 360 port?
i would seriously rofl

Proud Sony Rear Admiral