By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Exec: Gran Turismo 5 Launching “This Fall”

This is a good move.

Need to combat the Natal + pricecut combo somehow...

Around the Network

I think summer is going to be the release window. I can understand pushing it back to a timeframe that needs it.

Releasing GT5 in the summer will give them great momentum going into the launch of the PlayStation Arc.

Attoyou said:
if they push it back again im not buying it . i dont care HOW great it is .

i dont understand why you wouldnt buy a game because its delayed, they simply want it to be perfect...i am sure they are just not doing pin the tail on the donkey in the office, it would seem like it at times...but polyphony has really proven themselves as a major developer, i dont see why you wouldnt buy theyre game, especially if it could be the best racing game ever made

radiantshadow92 said:
Attoyou said:
if they push it back again im not buying it . i dont care HOW great it is .

i dont understand why you wouldnt buy a game because its delayed, they simply want it to be perfect...i am sure they are just not doing pin the tail on the donkey in the office, it would seem like it at times...but polyphony has really proven themselves as a major developer, i dont see why you wouldnt buy theyre game, especially if it could be the best racing game ever made

Like I said I DONT CARE how GREAT it is , Its not worth waiting this long , i will play it , Maybe even buy it when its like $20-$30 , but other wise im going to forget it.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

I wouldn't be surprised if this game sucked. there must be a bigger reason for delaying this game for so long. i think they delayed this game 15611 times...who knows i lost count. the game did interest me, but not anymore. its old news.

Around the Network

GT5 will launch alongside Halo Reach to counter 360 sales in the U.S.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

Like i said to counter Halo reach.

Attoyou
Im sorry but that just sounds like a spoilt brat having a tandrum to me. " I want it and i want it now or i will throw my toys out of the pram"

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups 

Now when I think how everyone were hyped in 2009 that GT5 will see daylight in December the same year...

I can't seriously comprehend how someone still says that GT got delayed or pushed out. Other than the JP date, there was never confirmation of an official date for a western release, everything was just hear-say and hopeful wishing from what executives said.

Also, as it has been posted already, people need to stop acting like GT5 was the only project that they have been doing for the past years. This has been said over and over again in GT5 threads, but people don't pay attention.

Even if count GT5:p as the same project for GT5 (this one is a curious, sometimes is counted like it is, sometime like it isn't, depends on the agendas), you'd still have Tourist Trophy and Gran Turismo PSP in the past years. With a 2010 release of GT5, after GT4 being launched in 2005 worlwide, you'll have 3 major projects being released in 5 years by Polyphony Digital.
That makes it less than 2 years per game.

I can understand how some fans can get annoyed that the game isn't out already, but seriously, saying that they won't get the game if it comes even later? Well, it's their loss.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"