By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - CBS rejects EA's 'Dante's Inferno' Super Bowl ad

EA rejects 'Dante's Inferno' Super Bowl ad (video)

CBS has rejected another Super Bowl ad, this time for telling viewers to "Go to Hell."

The trailer for the epic Electronic Arts' game "Dante's Inferno" contains plenty of scenes of a warrior fighting beasts in the netherworld. But it was the game's widely used marketing tagline that had CBS seeing red.

The commercial will still air, only with the tagline "Hell Awaits" instead. 

The verdict follows CBS' controversial decisions to air a pro-life ad from conservative group Focus on the Family during the big game, and to reject an ad from a gay dating site that showed two men making out.

Here's the original version of the Electronic Arts ad for "Dante's Inferno":

http://www.thrfeed.com/2010/02/ea-dantes-inferno-super-bowl-ad-.html

Damn that sucks!  I thought the ad looked cool :)~

Around the Network

Maybe they want them rejected on purpose.... don't have to pay and still get a ton of publicity

True...there is a lot of free publicity now. Banned books...movies...etc. always seem to sell better

"The verdict follows CBS' controversial decisions to air a pro-life ad from conservative group Focus on the Family during the big game, and to reject an ad from a gay dating site that showed two men making out."

Oh pleease

"Go to Hell" that probably would have caused a media outcry, which in turn would have BOOSTED SALES!

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

Around the Network

If they showed this, Id be more than happy to go to hell (and I would buy the game!)

Oh well, still buying it.

That's an awesome tagline! They only changed it to appease old people.

Hmm... if I was a football fan watching the superbowl and I wasn't an avid gaming forum goer...

This picture would be more understandable than that commerical.

Anyway, still looking forward to the game. Simply gonna have to do a little explaining to my non gamer pals...

Well, my interest in the game got increased. If the game actually gets involved with the nature of sin and redemption, then my interest does increase.

richardhutnik said:
Well, my interest in the game got increased. If the game actually gets involved with the nature of sin and redemption, then my interest does increase.

You need to read the book, it is a fantastic read and will be more indepth than the game (IMO).  The story is all about death, punishment (for sins), and redemption.