By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - CBS rejects EA's 'Dante's Inferno' Super Bowl ad

Well although I'm not psyched for this game at all, doe seem a little silly that they would have to edit it for that. I mean it is just a game. Of course reading the second part of that shows that America's acceptance of such things, and you know which ones I mean, don't seem to be that high yet. A long ways to go this country still has.

Around the Network

That commercial is quite long (1:40). I wonder how they will cut it down.

Also I wonder how many times they'll show it for those $2.5 million.

There was no reason to reject the ad.

Straight to the bargain bin...lol

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Slimebeast said:

I just saw on the news its 3 million for a 30 second spot on the super bowl this year

If thats the case this is a 10 million dollar commericial alone O_o

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

Around the Network
Wagram said:
There was no reason to reject the ad.

Unless I'm mistaken, in the States you get an R rating for mentioning Hell... for example: Spawn and Doom the movie.

So? We have commercials say hell all the time.

I took it as "Go to hell" and fight not as "Go to hell" and die punk

soulsamurai said:
Slimebeast said:

I just saw on the news its 3 million for a 30 second spot on the super bowl this year

If thats the case this is a 10 million dollar commericial alone O_o

Wow that's a lot of money! And so not worth it to put in Dante's Inferno, although I like that game. Probably not worth it to put on any game for such short exposure. Well, maybe Call of Duty.

axumblade said:
Seece said:
"The verdict follows CBS' controversial decisions to air a pro-life ad from conservative group Focus on the Family during the big game, and to reject an ad from a gay dating site that showed two men making out."

Oh pleease

I've seen the ad with 2 gay guys making out. Trust me, we're better off watching the pro-life ad....

Back to the topic though, I think Dante's Inferno looks awesome. Let's just hope that the game is as good as it looks. I think I'm going to buy that instead of Bioshock 2 on the 10th...

Havent u played the demo?

And dont u think the grafix are on the weaker side a lil bit?

axumblade said:
Slimebeast said:
axumblade said:
Seece said:
"The verdict follows CBS' controversial decisions to air a pro-life ad from conservative group Focus on the Family during the big game, and to reject an ad from a gay dating site that showed two men making out."

Oh pleease

I've seen the ad with 2 gay guys making out. Trust me, we're better off watching the pro-life ad....

Back to the topic though, I think Dante's Inferno looks awesome. Let's just hope that the game is as good as it looks. I think I'm going to buy that instead of Bioshock 2 on the 10th...

Havent u played the demo?

And dont u think the grafix are on the weaker side a lil bit?

Looks perhaps might have been the wrong word I was going for. I Haven't played the demo and the graphics aren't really what I like about it.

I hate to say it but I'm just looking for GoW-like game to keep me happy until March 16th. :[ 

Well then it's your game.