By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN: MAG Review!

I wonder what game mode the reviewer was playing on. He said that the matches were always Raven vs SVER or Valor vs SVER. In the two days I rented the game the other week nearly all 11 hours I spent playing the game were in matches against Valor.

Around the Network

I'm happy with the review score, from what i've played i also rate MAG a 7/10, because while it works...it's just an average shooter in the end with tons of people running around, imo.

Follow Me: twitter.com/alkamiststar

Watch Me: youtube.com/alkamiststar

Play Along: XBL & SEN : AlkamistStar

twesterm said:
Boutros said:
The graphics score is not really justified. They gave GTAIV 10/10 for graphics and they were not good at all but when you consider the scale of the world it was impressive.
Isn't it the same thing with MAG?

So because one game was vastly overrated, all games should be?

Well yeah...Obviously.

It would be more fair that way ahah

kiefer23 said:
Boutros said:
The graphics score is not really justified. They gave GTAIV 10/10 for graphics and they were not good at all but when you consider the scale of the world it was impressive.

GTA IV had good graphics for its time especially with everything else running at once. Endorphin Physics etc.

You can't look back on a game released a couple of years ago and say WHY DID THAT GAME GET A 10/10! when this brand new game in front of me looks better and only received an 8!

I hate IGN anyway (tricked me into purchasing NFS Shift, 9/10 my ass) and GTA IV looks pants, too todays standards.

Duh I'm not stupid lol

I know the game is from 2008 so of course I take into consideration when it was released and I can still say they were not as great as they're saying.

I don't really care whether it was a huge world or not...the graphics are still so-so.

I mean Oblivion had better graphics and it was released a year before.

AlkamistStar said:
I'm happy with the review score, from what i've played i also rate MAG a 7/10, because while it works...it's just an average shooter in the end with tons of people running around, imo.

Prepare for people telling you that you're not doing it right... starting with me.  Actually, that's MAGs main issue.  Unless players really organise well and have commanders who actually command it is just like that.

However, when it clicks, then it is unlike any other online MP at the moment in its recreation of the feel of a real battle, chaotic and unfocused for the individual, organized chaos from above, and the whole is greater than the parts (which is another of MAGs challenges as most MP gamers want to feel like individual super soliders, not an expendable grunt).

But that's what MAG should be about.  I reckon in the end it'll find a nice niche with some very serious clans playing very seriously within a few months.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network

From the beta, I didn't like it, just like I've said before that the games Zipper makes just aren't my cup of tea. Except this time, the reviewers are agreeing with me. Before, there was always universal praise for SOCOM, but I never liked it

Reasonable said:
AlkamistStar said:

Prepare for people telling you that you're not doing it right... starting with me.  Actually, that's MAGs main issue.  Unless players really organise well and have commanders who actually command it is just like that.

However, when it clicks, then it is unlike any other online MP at the moment in its recreation of the feel of a real battle, chaotic and unfocused for the individual, organized chaos from above, and the whole is greater than the parts (which is another of MAGs challenges as most MP gamers want to feel like individual super soliders, not an expendable grunt).

But that's what MAG should be about.  I reckon in the end it'll find a nice niche with some very serious clans playing very seriously within a few months.

Yup, that's pretty much what I've been saying for a while now.

It does take a while to get used to the weapons, maps, factions, ect. Once you and other players get over that hump, you can be in for some pretty intense and exciting battles.

Boutros said:
kiefer23 said:
Boutros said:

GTA IV had good graphics for its time especially with everything else running at once. Endorphin Physics etc.

You can't look back on a game released a couple of years ago and say WHY DID THAT GAME GET A 10/10! when this brand new game in front of me looks better and only received an 8!

I hate IGN anyway (tricked me into purchasing NFS Shift, 9/10 my ass) and GTA IV looks pants, too todays standards.

Duh I'm not stupid lol

I know the game is from 2008 so of course I take into consideration when it was released and I can still say they were not as great as they're saying.

I don't really care whether it was a huge world or not...the graphics are still so-so.

Oblivion was two years before (2006), but I disagree because I think GTA IV mops the floor with Oblivion in the graphics department.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

themanwithnoname said:
Boutros said:
kiefer23 said:
Boutros said:

Duh I'm not stupid lol

Oblivion was two years before (2006), but I disagree because I think GTA IV mops the floor with Oblivion in the graphics department.

I meant on console.

I find the lightning to be better in Oblivion while the textures might be better in GTAIV. Overall Oblivion looks better imo.

Meta only 76% now. Not looking very good. It's down there with Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway, MoH Airborne and Army of Two.