By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN: MAG Review!

Another bullshit review, it's gonna take atleast 60 hours to get to level 60 not many gonna do that in a couple of weeks, and then there veteran mode aswell.

Around the Network

it's getting a 77/100 from metacritic "critics" but it's getting an 8.4/10 from the actual players. match that with mass effect 2 which is gettinga 96/100 from the "critics" and a 9.0/10 from the users. it seems that maybe listening to "critics" isn't all it's cracked up to be

Btw, Apocalyptica (Finnish) made music to Mag.
Great band.

Take my love, take my land..

chingrin said:
it's getting a 77/100 from metacritic "critics" but it's getting an 8.4/10 from the actual players. match that with mass effect 2 which is gettinga 96/100 from the "critics" and a 9.0/10 from the users. it seems that maybe listening to "critics" isn't all it's cracked up to be

QFT

In the video review he mixed up Sabotage and Suppression.

Around the Network
twesterm said:

Did you read the end of the review?  It also talks about how Zipper has announced no plans for support on the game.  I'm sure there will be something, but it's crazy to assume it's going to change the game from a 7 to even an 8+

But...

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=99802

They have... 

4 ≈ One

weaveworld said:
chingrin said:

QFT

But critics play ALL games extensively while those user scores are made up of:

A) Fanboys

B) Guys who played the game for 5 minutes at a friends house

C) Fans who were hyped for the game and bought it at launch (and in MAGs case already played the Beta before) so they already knew they'd like it.

Last but not least it's not possible to give an exact score for user scores at Metacritic.

Barozi said:
weaveworld said:
chingrin said:

QFT

A) Fanboys

C) Fans who were hyped for the game and bought it at launch (and in MAGs case already played the Beta before) so they already knew they'd like it.

Last but not least it's not possible to give an exact score for user scores at Metacritic.

Eh... not all critics play all games extensively, or can you prove that point...?

My taste is more comparable to other users taste then some critics taste or opinion. It's all about what the gamer likes whether critics give a game a 6 or a 10. You can use an 'official review' as a guideline... not as a standard.

And certainly do not go by just some average number...  i for one tend to READ users reviews to make up my mind.

weaveworld said:
Barozi said:
weaveworld said:
chingrin said:

QFT

A) Fanboys

Eh... not all critics play all games extensively, or can you prove that point...?

yeah it's their job and they play it for several hours. This alone is easily better than case B)

My taste is more comparable to other users taste then some critics taste or opinion. It's all about what the gamer likes whether critics give a game a 6 or a 10. You can use an 'official review' as a guideline... not as a standard.

And where in my post do I disagree with that ? I just take an opinion from a professional reviewer more serious than from some random internet dude, who could be a fanboy, someone without any gaming knowledge or some guy who justfies his opinion by talking about screenshots or trailers.

And certainly do not go by just some average number...  i for one tend to READ users reviews to make up my mind.

Well you QFT'd him and he's only talking about average scores except for the last sentence. How the hell should I know that you don't care abour averages ?

User reviews on Metacritic have fallen into a familiar pattern. People who hate Sony, MS, their products, the devs. etc. for whatever reason vote 0 and effectively cancel the votes of fans who vote 10 because they know this happens. For a game reviewed at 9 one hater cancels out 9 fans so the results are skewed. An honest effort with a score of 7 or 8 is rare. EA haters and the broken free dlc system would account for some of the discrepancy on ME2.

Hope Sony and Zipper can iron out some of the issues here as the scope involved will force the online systems to progress. Lag, maps and player experience problems can be fixed.