By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Chrono Trigger vs. Final Fantasy VII

Chrono Trigger vs. Final Fantasy VII

Chrono Trigger 143 64.41%

Final Fantasy VII 79 35.59%

Total:222

Ok, I was wondering what game you all preffered, both games have many similarities:

-Both are made by Square

-Both were RPGS

-Both were really critically aclaimed and got a consistent fanbase

-Both got sequels that never outdone them

Of course, in terms of sales there was a strong difference, and Final Fantasy VII was made for a totally different console and featured 3D graphics, it also came from a well-known IP.

I only played a mere demo of the beggining of Final Fantasy VII so I can't really judge them both, but the combat wasn't that fun...

What do you guys think, who shuld be crowned as the RPG king?

Around the Network

...FF VII never got a sequel.

Anyway... tied. CT's experience is one of a kind, it's deep and gorgeous. FF VII has lots of mertids, too, like the battle system that is much better than CT's.

Xen said:
...FF VII never got a sequel.

Anyway... tied. CT's experience is one of a kind, it's deep and gorgeous. FF VII has lots of mertids, too, like the battle system that is much better than CT's.

8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, Crysis Core... those are somehow sequels of FF

it's the same non-related relationship like Chrono Cross

I sadly can't remember either games that well. I replayed Chrono Trigger for the DS, but I beat it so fast, I don't remember much... Since I liked Chrono Cross a lot, I'ma vote for Chrono Trigger!

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

ok, I made a thread of the confrontation of possibly the 2 most aclaimed rpg of all time, I still don't get posts?

Around the Network

Chrono Trigger was AMAZING!

But FF7 was just something else

its what legends are made out of

FF7

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

hmm 7 i guess

Chrono was amazing, while Final Fantasy 7 was merely pretty good!

This is almost a no-contest at all.

Chrono Trigger all the way. It redefined the concept of story driven JRPG's, while implementing some awesome mechanics like the Techs, enemies on screen and the concept of time travelling affecting the development of future eras.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Why not "CT vs FFVI vs FFVII vs Lufia 2"?