Forums - Gaming Discussion - Chrono Trigger vs. Final Fantasy VII

Chrono Trigger vs. Final Fantasy VII

Chrono Trigger 143 64.41%

Final Fantasy VII 79 35.59%

Total:222
morenoingrato said:
^^ lol, really?
I didn't know that...

Very early on yeah.  Of course had they decided to make that idea Final Fantasy 7 who knows what we would of got.  Chrono probably would of needed to talk, they'd have to fit moogles in somewhere... etc.

One thing about CT is, it handled a fresh story... and one that seems to be ignored mostly...

It gets bonus points for featuring a villain that's not really a villain.  I don't mean Magus....

I mean Lavos.  Lavos may be destroying the planet... but he's no different then a giant space flea.  He's just doing what his race does... it's the food chain.

I mean have anyone else done a time travel story?

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
morenoingrato said:
^^ lol, really?
I didn't know that...

Very early on yeah.  Of course had they decided to make that idea Final Fantasy 7 who knows what we would of got.  Chrono probably would of needed to talk, they'd have to fit moogles in somewhere... etc.

One thing about CT is, it handled a fresh story... and one that seems to be ignored mostly...

It gets bonus points for featuring a villain that's not really a villain.  I don't mean Magus....

I mean Lavos.  Lavos may be destroying the planet... but he's no different then a giant space flea.  He's just doing what his race does... it's the food chain.

I mean have anyone else done a time travel story?

I never thought of that.........

The story is far deeper than you can imagine

Chrono Trigger

FF7 had a better story, characters, music.....just not gameplay or world

FF7 it is!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

This is one of the easiest polls I've seen in a long time. Chrono Trigger, easily. It had travelling through time, a successful destruction of the world (even if you... go back to stop it), an excellent combat and combo system (Antipode 3, anyone?), memorable characters... I can go on for a while. This, versus FF7, the one I feel was the series' downfall. A painfully easy and quite linear game (others do take the linearity cake, though), characters I really couldn't connect to, a cliche story, and enough FMVs that you could literally make a sandwich while some of them play. Again, I can go on, but I think I've said enough of my opinion.

Now, if it were against FF6 (or Lufia 2 as also mentioned), it'd be a lot tougher. FF6 just screams epic moreso than CT, and Lufia 2 has that damned Ancient Cave that keeps me coming back for more. I'd seriously have to think on those. But this... nah, easy.

EDIT: Crap. necroed thread...

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...