By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Chrono Trigger vs. Final Fantasy VII

Chrono Trigger vs. Final Fantasy VII

Chrono Trigger 143 64.41%

Final Fantasy VII 79 35.59%

Total:222
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
For me, its VII, i don't even know wtf chrono trigger even is.

that has to be some the saddest words ever written in English!!  I could see not playing Chrono Trigger but to be deprived of even knowing the existence of one of the finest video games ever is really really sad!!

Around the Network
c0rd said:

Chrono Trigger is seriously on a league of its own. Not that FF7 is not a great RPG, but...

I just played the game recently and it still blew me away. It's insanity - this is after playing a few FF's (including my fav, 6), I'd say no FF matches this game. The pacing is perfect (it never slows down), the music is freggin amazing, the art and animation is great (2D sprite charm!), there's so much diversity (characters, settings, sidequests)... shit. This game is so ahead of its time! While playing the game it's almost depressing, just realizing that this game will probably never be topped.

It's a relatively short game (much shorter than I remembered), but it's the most dense package of "JRPG awesome" you'll ever find.

Mitsuda FTW :) Though I think Xenogears' music is better (Mitsuda did the music for Xenogears as well). Yasunori Mitsuda >>>>>>>>>> Nobuo Uematsu :P

@ morenoingrato

But.......but........Xenogears >>>>>>>>>>> Chrono Trigger :(

g-value said:
@ morenoingrato

Come on man, just give your vote for Chrono Trigger, I know you are lying.

g-value said:
@ morenoingrato

Xenogears score is probably the best of any game, overall I have a hard time deciding which game I like more, they are my two favorite RPGs.

Around the Network
Hisiru said:
g-value said:
@ morenoingrato

Come on man, just give your vote for Chrono Trigger, I know you are lying.

LMFAO, you wish :P

I thought Final Fantasy 7 was A LOT better than CT.

CT just isn't that great to me. I never was able to get into it the way other people do.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Chrono Trigger for me.

Opa-Opa said:
trangentspree said:

Chrono Trigger > any Final Fantasy

This, and this, again and again.

Chrono had the best battle mechanics of any RPG I've played, most character depth, greatest story and somehow, wasn't too outrageous.  
Unlike FF, Chrono Trigger knew when to not take itself too seriously, and those departures, even in the face of apocalyptic oblivion, make

it the truest gaming experience.  BAR NONE. 

That is the biggest difference to me and why I like JRPGS on the SNES more than any other generation.

Anyway, Chrono Trigger

"Pier was a chef, a gifted and respected chef who made millions selling his dishes to the residents of New York City and Boston, he even had a famous jingle playing in those cities that everyone knew by heart. He also had a restaurant in Los Angeles, but not expecting LA to have such a massive population he only used his name on that restaurant and left it to his least capable and cheapest chefs. While his New York restaurant sold kobe beef for $100 and his Boston restaurant sold lobster for $50, his LA restaurant sold cheap hotdogs for $30. Initially these hot dogs sold fairly well because residents of los angeles were starving for good food and hoped that the famous name would denote a high quality, but most were disappointed with what they ate. Seeing the success of his cheap hot dogs in LA, Pier thought "why bother giving Los Angeles quality meats when I can oversell them on cheap hotdogs forever, and since I don't care about the product anyways, why bother advertising them? So Pier continued to only sell cheap hotdogs in LA and was surprised to see that they no longer sold. Pier's conclusion? Residents of Los Angeles don't like food."

"The so-called "hardcore" gamer is a marketing brainwashed, innovation shunting, self-righteous idiot who pays videogame makers far too much money than what is delivered."

g-value said:
@ morenoingrato

I'll be honest, I haven't played more than an hour of Xenogears. The sci-fi thing turned me off, I'm more the fantasy type.

I did play Xenosaga 1, and played the second for about an hour. I'll get to Xenogears one day...