By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Official Final Fantasy XIII Thread + League + VGCritic

the summons are worthless. Im shocked at how crappy the are they just feel like there here just to be here and nothing else.... they all Xxcept bahamut look cool especially ifirit( why could he have joined :( instead of the autobot wanna be)

Around the Network
--OkeyDokey-- said:
darthdevidem01 said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
I can't stand how the characters keep getting split up. And don't say it's for story reasons. It's for no reason at all so far (chapter 4).

Just when Snow gets his Eidolon, it shifts to stupid Sazh. Just when Lightning gets her Eidolon, it shifts to stupid Sazh again. I don't want to play as Sazh! I want to try out my new Power Ranger Zords! There's absolutely no reason for the party to NOT be together right now. They all have the same goal.

What a retarded design choice.

Actually its so that you get USED to the different roles

if that change wasn't there I wouldn't know how to use the ravager role properly.

Later on its for story reasons.....right now its for you to get used to the different roles & different combinations possible through the ingenious paradigm shift system!

Oh and don't expect too much "power" from the eidolons lol.

Pfft. Any character can learn any role. Maybe not early on, but that wouldn't be an issue if it let you choose your party.

They can but when they do the CP cost for that certain role is riduclous.....its like 20,000 CP to progress & so on.

The characters are gonna stay split up for a looooooooooooooooooongggggggggggggg time (I'm talking several hours here)......

Right now it does kinda make sense (Chapter 1 + 2 + 3 spoilers), TBH Lightning right now seems to hate the other characters, so she doesn't really care what happens to them.....Hope thinks he'll be safer with lightning....if I was in his place I'd agree cus on the other hand you have a dude with a chocobo nest in his hair & a girls who is ermm weird lol.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Holy shit at Pulse.

Walking around, minding my own business and some bigass big monster one hits me.

WTF!?!
!

Xxain said:
the summons are worthless. Im shocked at how crappy the are they just feel like there here just to be here and nothing else.... they all Xxcept bahamut look cool especially ifirit( why could he have joined :( instead of the autobot wanna be)

Aparently you need to fill the GESTALT meter before starting GESTALT mode to be able to get massive attacks

I never manage to fill it though.

Either way the summons are so underpowered it hurts.....its my least used summons in a FF game ever (apart from FF12....if you could call those abominations summons )

I mean I played FF8 1 month ago & I was spamming GF's in every battle.....its weird to just NOT use them!

--OkeyDokey-- said:
lestatdark said:
Naum said:
How many here actually summon Eidolons in battles? I don't.

I used Shiva once in chapter 7 to 5/5 a group of three snipers and the hover bike enemies. Going SEN/RAV would take too long (time limit was 2:15). Other than that, I rarely use them. Pretty much it's the same in every FF, summons are pretty and awesome, but rather useless :P 

I used summons all the time in FFX. I spent all my gil at the end of the game to one hit kill Jecht with Yojimbo. Saved me a lot of trouble :P

Yes, and people would use the KOTR+Mime+W-Summon exploit to ease their way through the weapons on FFVII, that didn't make the summons any less useful :P 

You never needed summons to pass anything in any FF game, in some rare expections that were mentioned, they could be used to ease, but it was never a prerogative. 

In FFXIII you don't need to use eidolons, but they can help you 5/5 some battles that would be prolonged beyond the time limit, but it's not a necessity nor the game actually poses you a challenge that could only be overcome with summons. Just like in any other FF :P 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
Naum said:
How many here actually summon Eidolons in battles? I don't.

I use them all the time when I have filed the Break Bar and I am am low on life during boss battles I love the Transforming Animations when you switch to Driving Mode.    

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

Carl2291 said:
Holy shit at Pulse.

Walking around, minding my own business and some bigass big monster one hits me.

WTF!?!
!

Tell em about it

I was just walking minding my own business & these horrible cat wolve thingy's get the "warning flash" & come running towards me & growl loudly & attack!

In another bit those flying things suddenly swoop down onto me!

Seriously the animals must control their attraction towards, she's hot but she IS human.....things would never work out between a Feral & a Human!

darthdevidem01 said:
Xxain said:

Aparently you need to fill the GESTALT meter before starting GESTALT mode to be able to get massive attacks

I never manage to fill it though.

Either way the summons are so underpowered it hurts.....its my least used summons in a FF game ever (apart from FF12....if you could call those abominations summons )

I mean I played FF8 1 month ago & I was spamming GF's in every battle.....its weird to just NOT use them!

When I used Shiva, I got both of them to their last 10 SP, with a full gestalt bar :P 

I had 40 attack points for the Gestalt mode xD 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Carl2291 said:
Holy shit at Pulse.

WTF!?!
!

welcome to hell.

im really thinking about taking my PS3 with me to play FFXIII (and some Partygames with the other guys there) on my upcoming seminar. <.<

(i could just go to the next Doc., he certificates my 'illness', but nah.. and if i am really ill later, i'll have  problem xD)

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

it seems that every cutscene the they keep repeating the dame shit hope giving his everybody taught me speech AGAIN!!!!!! its like the same conversations its gettin to be Golden Sun level now