By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Are SE reconsidering DQX for the PS3?

Soriku said:
Boutros said:

I don't know...

That would be 25-33% of Wii owners...

FF XIII managed more than that on the PS3. For a DQ game it's not impossible...

dolemit3 said:
Soriku said:
dolemit3 said:
I wouldn't be so sure about DQX selling 3 million + on Wii after seeing that Monster Hunter 3 is still struggling to sell 1 million.

How can you compare a console MH and DQ at all...

They are both handheld juggernauts that are frequently mistaken for console juggernauts.

DQ VII and VIII would like a word. DQ IX is the first main one on a handheld and was huge on consoles. MH not so much...

Maybe I guess. We'll have to see.

Around the Network
dolemit3 said:
Soriku said:
dolemit3 said:
I wouldn't be so sure about DQX selling 3 million + on Wii after seeing that Monster Hunter 3 is still struggling to sell 1 million.

They are both handheld juggernauts that are frequently mistaken for console juggernauts.

Look at the DS/PSP userbase in Japan and keep in mind that Monster Hunter Tri is PAY to play (different from the PSP versions), this can hurt the sales a lot, but if almost 1 million buyers is paying to play online, the profit can actually be higher than the sales for one of the PSP games...

So... I don't know why you are using MH3 as an excuse.

no, it will come for wii (even it should be on ds)

dolemit3 said:
Soriku said:
dolemit3 said:

DQ is a console juggernaut, at least in Japan, where the close the friggin schools when a new one is released. In fact, DQIX is only the very first DQ to appear on a portable (not counting remakes), and it still managed to outsell its predecessors. Even MH3, despite the halfhearted effort and pay-to-play, still outsold its all of its console-based predecessors, an impressive feat for a series where every single console version ever made has bombed even while its portable versions have done extremely well. Third-party games sell on the Wii, when they're marketed right. DQX will be no different, and as what is very likely to be the first serious marketing effort S-E has ever done on the Wii, it's set to fly. Contrast this yet again to FFXIII, where even a blowout marketing effort that will no doubt still eclipse DQX's has nevertheless given us the worst sales to date for an FF game since Square left Nintendo. Your myth is crumbling.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

Gojimaster said:
I can't believe no one has brought up the point that MH3 requires a paid subscription to play online in Japan. One cannot directly compare sales of this game to other RPGs without also accounting for online income. The fact that it has a paid subscription model probably definitely hurts the overall sales that it could have had in Japan otherwise.

I think MH3 will sell very well in the US, especially with the sleek bundle that it is coming in.

Around the Network

Why cant it be on both PS3 and Wii? The port would be easy as hell the PS3 could fart a Wii game and it would still run in 1080p 60 fps.

Steroid said:
Why cant it be on both PS3 and Wii? The port would be easy as hell the PS3 could fart a Wii game and it would still run in 1080p 60 fps.

A fartted out port would be an instant bomba, guaranteed, no matter in which direct the fart would go. Otherwise, SE would have to invest in two different games.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

Steroid said:

Because it's a game for the Wii and not for Wii and PS3, just like Valkyria Chronicles is a game for the PS3 and not PS3 and Wii. Sometimes it happens. I call it "financial decision".

You guys have noooo idea what DQ is about, do you?

The way you guys are questioning as to "why no DQ for the PS3?" makes no sense at all.

First of all, DQ is a CONSOLE game first. Other than the remakes and the spin-offs, DQ9 is the first one of the main series that actually is the best selling of all time in Japan so far.

DQ is as close to as a national icon in Japan, better than FF and prolly just a step behind Mario (cuz it is Mario). Nobody in Japan CARES about an HD DQ. NOBODY. The whole style has been an anime style. That just doesn't warrant spending millions of dollars on a distant-second place system just to see what happens.

Now as to FF13 being the worst selling in Japan in the series, there is still time. Although it may not improve as much.

Explanation of sig:

I am a Pakistani.....my name is Dan....how hard is that? (Don't ask about the 101...apparantely there are more of me out there....)

dolemit3 said:

You're probably right. In light of this information, DQX's minimal sales point will have to be downgraded from 3m to 2.99m.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"