By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Last Story = Final Fantasy

When I read that mistwalker announced The Last Story, I got excited and it was a little funny.  Sakaguchi wants This to be Mistwalkers FF.  It's a synonym (spelling?).

Last = Final

Story = Fantasy [story]

The Last Story = Final Fantasy

I love the names he comes up with, like Lost Odyssey also, I'm not sure but he's bluntly saying that he lost his odyssey, which is everything he worked at Square......either that or just his FF series.

Around the Network

Lol, hope its got a nice classic FF (IV, V, VI) feel. I dont care if its got a kiddy art style like IX, as long as its got depth and a nice universe (story n environment). The gametrailers FFXIII import preview was a let down for me, no ps3 v xbox multiplat crap, it just genuinely looked lame. FFs getting to J-pop for my liking. Just my opinion.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

yep...and or course it will be classic FF, I cannot wait

While they have a few similar semantic connotations, 'fantasy' in no way equals 'story'. Check out their etymology/definitions.

If you ask me the name was picked partially because of its Final Fantasy connotations, partially because it is a very evocative name (words with strong thematic power tend to make good names, 'Last' always being a good one, and paired with 'Story' it makes for a very compelling title), and partially because it must somehow be tied to the game's plot/premise.

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

Let's hope it will be like the 2D FF games

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network

So you figured that one out all by yourself did you?

Thia has been discussed a LOT in other threads about the game already.
And we know nothing about the game apart from its logo and who's making it, so why compare it to other games at this point? It's useless.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

The Last Story > FFXIII (story, action, and fun wise)

Gaming make me feel GOOD!

I dont know, I liked Kitase's work with FF7 and 10 more than the classics, it's hard to tell but I know that Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be better than FFXIII by what has been released.

I just hope Nomura's storytelling can match up to or exceed what Kitase did with FF7, 8, and 10 because those were fantastic. He gets a bad rap for Kingdom Hearts but KH really isn't made to be taken seriously, FFXIII is.

Either way, this influx of JRPGs and the continuation of the Xeno series on the Wii will definately force my hand in buying a Wii.

Will it be as good as FF? We shall see.........

"The Common Cold Isn't So Common During The Cold"