By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Endless Ocean - First Impressions

You can go out and buy this game - or not if you dont want to. Take your time, no stress. It will still be there once you make up your mind. We got all the time in the world. Care for a drink first? Oh, and sit back, relax and enjoy.

Thats more or less the attitude of the game. Very non-chalant. Very relaxed. No stress whatsoever - and no real objectives.

On the other hand. That is quite fun. You just fool around a bit, the deep sea is quite relaxing and having no pressure to perform actually makes you sit in the sunchair even more relaxed than ever. (yes there is a sun chair on the boat)

Did I mention that this game is really slow paced and non goal driven? Oh yeah, and quite relaxing as well. But only if you want to.

Some minor negative points to this really relaxing non stress game:

• DONT YOU DARE TOUCH THE FISH IN REAL LIFE!!!! The game tells you to learn about the animals, go touch em. Dont ever try this in real life. Either a scuba diving master will commit justifiable homocide on you or some barracuda will bite your fingers off. This is the most annoying part for a real life scuba diver.
  • No simulation aspect. Oh yeah, just dive down 30 metres and go up in one go - no worries. Diving sickness? never heard of it. And air seems to be plenty. Granted, I havent gotten far in the game, but no sim aspect seems available. No planning the route (Deepness, currents etc.) and no health check constraints (like having to wait at certain depth intervalls). Again, be carefull and dont do this in real life.
  • Whats with the graphics? This game actually would benefit from some advanced graphics capabilities as underwaterworlds are quite complex and "full of life". This looks a bit bland in comparison. Its nice, but not specacular.

Overall, its quite nice though playing this game. Very relaxing, quite good controls and a new concept have me wanting more. Now on to those shipwrecks.

I would right now give it an 8/10. Especially for not having me stressed out. 

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network

All those said points have just put me off of buying it. *sobs*

Games i'm currently playing:

That was the weirdest read ever....

What a boring game..

Own all Sony Stuff PS123P

Feburday 28th will be a Owner of a Wii

Currently playing: Need for Speed Pro Street

Games i own:
NEED FOR SPEED PRO STREET ,DW6 ,WARHAWK ,COD4,JUICED 2 ,RESISTANCE, MOTORSTORM

Games im lookin forward to:
UT3 (Ps3) , HAZE (Ps3) , KZ2 (Ps3) , MGS4 (Ps3) , SSBB (WII) , GT5 (Ps3) LBP (Ps3)
08 Predictions

Wii: 45,000,000
Ds: 90,000,000
PS3: 25,000,000
PSP: 40,000,000
360: 26,000,000
ArtofAngels said:
That was the weirdest read ever....

Thank you, I appreciate that. I figured you could get real reviews on the internets somewhere more reliable than from me. So I rather posted my feelings and impressions. And what I really took away from the game were those statements. I mean you are asked to be a scuba diving guide and you can earn some equipment that way - but they always add - only if you want to etc. Quite funny.

And after the first exploration you get the keys to the boat and can go anywhere you want to it seems. some more training (maybe start as a scuba newbie, then do the padi stuff at least a bit, hence opening up more "difficult" (cave dive, below 20 metres, etc.) areas would have been cool) would have added some to the storyline. It seems like caves and night diving might be allowed only later on, but that I dont know yet. 

So overall very enjoyable, but not with too much focus. Thats what I wanted to convey. 

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network
RobMate said:
What a boring game..

wow what a nice constructive response!

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

You did sell me though, I have been interested in this game for a while, I hope it see's an Australian release soon.

The thrill of finding a rare fish excites me (No joke).

Neos said:
RobMate said:
What a boring game..

wow what a nice constructive response!

just ignore him. Not worthy of your time. 

Tbh ill probably rent it just to see what its like, if i like it, ill buy it. Any ideas on the overall length of the game or the replayability factor?

Games i'm currently playing:

I think I spent a bit more than 1 hour on it and opened maybe 10% of the map...not even really started to catalogue all fish or do all tours in that area though. So I think at last 10 hours of non repeateble fun and if you are hunting for all rare fish (and whales, penguins, manta rays, seals and the likes), then I would say much more.

Replay value - interesting point. I think either you like just swimming around and listening to music (you can put your own music in via sd card), then I guess it is infinite undiscovery. Or you get bored even before finishing the game once.

And I guess finishing the game needs to be specifically defined in this case.