By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Endless Ocean - First Impressions

When is the U.S. release of this title? My daughter is waiting on this one...

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Around the Network

it does seem relaxing-but not sure if i would get bored to quickly-i like teh open edness of it but need some kinda goal enjoy

kn said:
When is the U.S. release of this title? My daughter is waiting on this one...

I think it should be out pretty soon - or might already be out. 

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

It had an October release date I believe but the last update I saw had it coming out in January or February next year.... I'll try to find an update somewhere...

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Hey, the game is getting more fun even.

1. If you switch the controls from standard to expert, then we are talking, you can twist and turn in the water, swim upside down and so on. much closer to real life this way.

2. I encountered a whale - so much fun. Really cool moment. and swimming upside down below a whales belly is really cool. Actually, i really like the animal animations - well done.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network

Dam it, not had a chance to play more of this game yet (working).

Now I have SMG!!! Gonna have to take a dive this weekend.

if you do, go diving in deep waters - there you might encounter a whale. also, there is the "deep valley", which has me totally intrigued - i need more equipment to get down there though......

argh!, i couldn't think of what i wanted for christmas but my mum was asking (doesn't want to give just money) so i said this..... I will have to wait till christmas if she finds it (though she would probably not get it unless she finds it cheaper than £18 on Amazon, in which case i will probably get it earlier)

anyhoo, i will have SMG soon.

had this and smg in my hand today in game shop and just about to pay when the wife phoned and asked me to pick up Tetris DS for her as she had a tetris craving recently.

This had to be sacrificed, then she asks me not to put on smg (i'm off work for the week) until she gets in from work, women - snakes with breasts the lot of em!!

Those people that think they're perfect give a bad reputation to us who are... 

"With the DS, it's fair to say that Nintendo stepped out of the technical race and went for a feature differentiation with the touch screen, but I fear that it won't have a lasting impact beyond that of a gimmick - so the long-lasting appeal of the platform is at peril as a direct result of that." - Phil Harrison, Sony

Well I stopped playing mario for a bit today and went diving. Explored lots of news areas. I too need more equipment to go deeper but I have just got another invitation to take a diver out so hopefully something will come from that.

This game has me quite intrigued now. It fun, relaxing, interesting and just weird / funny (the random animals that appear on your boat!!)