By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Holy Hell hardware adjustments!

DaBuddahN said:
Holy shit! How the FUCK was PS3 overtracked by 1.1 mil?!

No idea but there are a few on here who said this could happen, the gap in others between 360 and PS3 seemed too big to be true.

Around the Network
johnsobas said:
dolemit3 said:

I think this is where the majority of the adjustments came from:

It looks like the PS3 wasn't selling double the 360 numbers in Europe even in December. Modern Warfare 2 launch actually bumped the 360's hardware to Wii levels and even the PS3 went up to the same height. What a monster title.

it should be noted that nintendo's figures only include the main european countries, while others is much larger.

True, but it's not like Ioi doesn't know which countries the sales are made in.

Khuutra said:

Are you people seeing what I'm seeing?

Front page now has marketshares for the Big 3 Consoles looking like this:

Wii - 49.4%
360 - 27.4%
PS3 - 23.1%

When the Hell did that happen!?

PSP was adjusted down by 2 MILLION!!!!!!!!

LOL... I'd be pissed if I were one of those 1.1 million people who's PS3 disappeared into thin air.

The lesson here is: No matter what VGCharts says, the numbers will always be different from the real word.

Well I was expecting some adjustments, but not quite of this magnitude. Poor old pre-Christmas and Christmas weeks for PS3, it went backwards from having been adjusted slightly upwards only a week ago.

So PS3 goes down by over 1 million. Other than the 2 weeks I mention above, amounting to less than 100K worth of adjustment I can't see on this chart http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php anywhere else since slim came out where the rest of the adjustment comes from. Some of the adjustments must be from the phat era. The PS3/360 gap the week before slim shows as 8.44 million now. According to the November gap chart from kowen the original pre-slim global gap looks like it was a little under 8.25 million. So there are some adjustments definitely for PS3 and maybe even 360 from throughout 2009. I do seem to recall the last really major adjustment was in early 2009.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
slowmo said:
DaBuddahN said:
Holy shit! How the FUCK was PS3 overtracked by 1.1 mil?!

No idea but there are a few on here who said this could happen, the gap in others between 360 and PS3 seemed too big to be true.

Was overtracked cause Sony is good with throwing so many numbers around no one knows what the real number is.

dolemit3 said:

I think this is where the majority of the adjustments came from:

It looks like the PS3 wasn't selling double the 360 numbers in Europe even in December. Modern Warfare 2 launch actually bumped the 360's hardware to Wii levels and even the PS3 went up to the same height. What a monster title.

Amazing. CoD MW2 launch week hardware boost was ~70K for X360 in Europe alone. Now that's a system seller.

oh my what major adjustments, and just as ps3 had cut down that lead nearly to 5mil according to vgcharts that is. not only that but ps3 fell under 200k that is depressing, however if it was going to happen at any time it is now in january due to everyone being broke after christmas.

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

jneul said:
oh my what major adjustments, and just as ps3 had cut down that lead nearly to 5mil according to vgcharts that is, something strange is going on this week as well ps3 lost control in others i am puttting this down to lack of games in january (x360 has me2)

I think it's not so much "Strange this week" as the previous weeks were strange, due to the adjustments as mentioned above.

Somone did say that ioi would do harch adjustmens a few weeks after Xmas, with all the high numbers things could lead to inaccuratness, but hey he was right. DS back to 124, Wii still abvove 66 Million.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d