By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Holy Hell hardware adjustments!

RolStoppable said:
kowenicki said:
360 up 400k
ps3 up 350k
wii up 180k

I sense anti Wii bias. Not only do Nintendo fans get the short stick when it comes to third party support, but our console of choice also sees the smallest increase with these new adjustments.

I demand a recount.

Don't bring up stuff like Nintendo's shipment numbers, because facts usually have the habit to get in the way of what I want to see.

You're back!!!!!!!!!!

*celebrates*

Around the Network

Does anyone know why it was adjusted again?

psrock said:
atma998 said:
psrock said:
atma998 said:
huaxiong90 said:
atma998 said:
Scruff7 said:
I don't think people are frustrated/angry/disappointed that the figures have 

But the real question is would you still ask for explanation if the Wii would have adjusted down while the HD twins would have adjusted up? Just asking...

There is too much HD fans moaning here.

I know I would.

Did you ask for explanation last year when the Wii saw a series of adjustments that makes his marketshare goes from 49.6% to 48.7% in late January 2009 and early February 2009?

There was none needed, if you follow this you would know easily it was obvious the numbers needed to change.

Oh really and how did you know this?

The beauty of trying to act like Wii fans are somehow better is funny when I just spent a whole year  listening to you guys bitching about how the whole world hates your Wii.

Anyway, After Nintendo released their shipment numbers for the 4th quater of 2008, our numbers showed the Wii sold more than the amount shipped. We had overtracked the Wii in NA because we failed to realize how it was in such short supply.

Although it is generally overexaggerated when it comes to review scores and I do also agree that neither Wii, PS3, or Xbox 360 fan(boy)s are better than the other (depends on time and place), from what I've seen, the media does seem to ignore Nintendo's success and try to give them a bad image. For example, look at IGN's article "blinded by Mario" or something like that, where he's trying to say basically NSMB Wii doesn't deserve its sales since he thinks 'splosion man is better. Or just take a look at GIbiz' polls about who's expected to be the most successful publishers, and which games are expected to be the most successful.

What do you make of this? I'm just wondering.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

kowenicki said:
sully1311 said:
Does anyone know why it was adjusted again?

go back a page or two for an explanation from Brett.

cheers. Easily understandable why those areas are hard to track.

lol at the people taking the adjustments seriously.

Around the Network

So pretty much every console was overtracked, some by enormous numbers! Our lesson here is that vgchartz isn't a dependable source for numbers. Vgchartz lesson should be that maybe they should focus their efforts on something that can do reliably.

huaxiong90 said:
psrock said:
atma998 said:
psrock said:

e.

The beauty of trying to act like Wii fans are somehow better is funny when I just spent a whole year  listening to you guys bitching about how the whole world hates your Wii.

Anyway, After Nintendo released their shipment numbers for the 4th quater of 2008, our numbers showed the Wii sold more than the amount shipped. We had overtracked the Wii in NA because we failed to realize how it was in such short supply.

Although it is generally overexaggerated when it comes to review scores and I do also agree that neither Wii, PS3, or Xbox 360 fan(boy)s are better than the other (depends on time and place), from what I've seen, the media does seem to ignore Nintendo's success and try to give them a bad image. For example, look at IGN's article "blinded by Mario" or something like that, where he's trying to say basically NSMB Wii doesn't deserve its sales since he thinks 'splosion man is better. Or just take a look at GIbiz' polls about who's expected to be the most successful publishers, and which games are expected to be the most successful.

What do you make of this? I'm just wondering.

Yeah, there are some major bashers of the Wii out there, but that's every console. I think it's just so difficult for Wii fans to be in first place but don't get the respect the PS2 got. But my friend don't blame the media, blame Nintendo, they made it that way.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:
atma998 said:
psrock said:
atma998 said:
huaxiong90 said:
atma998 said:
Scruff7 said:

But the real question is would you still ask for explanation if the Wii would have adjusted down while the HD twins would have adjusted up? Just asking...

I know I would.

Did you ask for explanation last year when the Wii saw a series of adjustments that makes his marketshare goes from 49.6% to 48.7% in late January 2009 and early February 2009?

There was none needed, if you follow this you would know easily it was obvious the numbers needed to change.

lol

You are the finest example of what I was talking before. You didnt accept the justification for this year adjustment but find it acceptable when the Wii got adjusted down...

Choppedliver said:
So pretty much every console was overtracked, some by enormous numbers! Our lesson here is that vgchartz isn't a dependable source for numbers. Vgchartz lesson should be that maybe they should focus their efforts on something that can do reliably.

Vgchartz's number's aren't 100% accurate,neither are any other site that tracks videogame sales. Don't you know how hard it is to track these sales at all. Most everything has a margin of error.

atma998 said:
psrock said:
atma998 said:
psrock said:
atma998 said:
huaxiong90 said:
atma998 said:
Scruff7 said:

I know I would.

lol

You are the finest example of what I was talking before. You didnt accept the justification for this year adjustment but find it acceptable when the Wii got adjusted down...

Yeah, what better way to adjust PS3 and 360 numbers, from a Nintendo estimates.

I expect adjusment all the times, that's what makes the site so good, but why are we all the sudden vgchartz haters because i just can't understand how we are tracking the HD numbers from Nintendo.

And, just one day later, the numbers are changed again. It's a good thing to ask questions sometimes. And if Sony shows they shipped 34 million ps3, there will be more questions.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)