By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Holy Hell hardware adjustments!

RolStoppable said:
psrock said:
huaxiong90 said:

Although it is generally overexaggerated when it comes to review scores and I do also agree that neither Wii, PS3, or Xbox 360 fan(boy)s are better than the other (depends on time and place), from what I've seen, the media does seem to ignore Nintendo's success and try to give them a bad image. For example, look at IGN's article "blinded by Mario" or something like that, where he's trying to say basically NSMB Wii doesn't deserve its sales since he thinks 'splosion man is better. Or just take a look at GIbiz' polls about who's expected to be the most successful publishers, and which games are expected to be the most successful.

What do you make of this? I'm just wondering.

Yeah, there are some major bashers of the Wii out there, but that's every console. I think it's just so difficult for Wii fans to be in first place but don't get the respect the PS2 got. But my friend don't blame the media, blame Nintendo, they made it that way.

The Wii doesn't even get the respect that the Gamecube got, despite being two of them duct taped together. I don't get what you mean with your last sentence, did Nintendo pay the media to become what they are?

GameCube got better 1st party support from nintendo

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
psrock said:
huaxiong90 said:

Although it is generally overexaggerated when it comes to review scores and I do also agree that neither Wii, PS3, or Xbox 360 fan(boy)s are better than the other (depends on time and place), from what I've seen, the media does seem to ignore Nintendo's success and try to give them a bad image. For example, look at IGN's article "blinded by Mario" or something like that, where he's trying to say basically NSMB Wii doesn't deserve its sales since he thinks 'splosion man is better. Or just take a look at GIbiz' polls about who's expected to be the most successful publishers, and which games are expected to be the most successful.

What do you make of this? I'm just wondering.

Yeah, there are some major bashers of the Wii out there, but that's every console. I think it's just so difficult for Wii fans to be in first place but don't get the respect the PS2 got. But my friend don't blame the media, blame Nintendo, they made it that way.

The Wii doesn't even get the respect that the Gamecube got, despite being two of them duct taped together. I don't get what you mean with your last sentence, did Nintendo pay the media to become what they are?

The Wii = Pop music

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:
atma998 said:
psrock said:
atma998 said:
psrock said:
atma998 said:
huaxiong90 said:
atma998 said:
Scruff7 said:
I don't think people are frustrated/angry/disappointed that the figures have 

But the real question is would you still ask for explanation if the Wii would have adjusted down while the HD twins would have adjusted up? Just asking...

There is too much HD fans moaning here.

I know I would.

Did you ask for explanation last year when the Wii saw a series of adjustments that makes his marketshare goes from 49.6% to 48.7% in late January 2009 and early February 2009?

There was none needed, if you follow this you would know easily it was obvious the numbers needed to change.

Oh really and how did you know this?

The beauty of trying to act like Wii fans are somehow better is funny when I just spent a whole year  listening to you guys bitching about how the whole world hates your Wii.

Anyway, After Nintendo released their shipment numbers for the 4th quater of 2008, our numbers showed the Wii sold more than the amount shipped. We had overtracked the Wii in NA because we failed to realize how it was in such short supply.

lol

You are the finest example of what I was talking before. You didnt accept the justification for this year adjustment but find it acceptable when the Wii got adjusted down...

Yeah, what better way to adjust PS3 and 360 numbers, from a Nintendo estimates.

I expect adjusment all the times, that's what makes the site so good, but why are we all the sudden vgchartz haters because i just can't understand how we are tracking the HD numbers from Nintendo.

And, just one day later, the numbers are changed again. It's a good thing to ask questions sometimes. And if Sony shows they shipped 34 million ps3, there will be more questions.

Yeah sure and Nintendo CREATED those numbers... they pull it out from their hat lol

RolStoppable said:
BladeOfGod said:
RolStoppable said:

GameCube got better 1st party support from nintendo

Better as in keeping Nintendo in second or third place where they can't get in the way of real gaming, yes.

well, a console earns respect by quality software not by sales

atma998 said:
psrock said:
atma998 said:
psrock said:
atma998 said:

T

lol

You are the finest example of what I was talking before. You didnt accept the justification for this year adjustment but find it acceptable when the Wii got adjusted down...

I expect adjusment all the times, that's what makes the site so good, but why are we all the sudden vgchartz haters because i just can't understand how we are tracking the HD numbers from Nintendo.

And, just one day later, the numbers are changed again. It's a good thing to ask questions sometimes. And if Sony shows they shipped 34 million ps3, there will be more questions.

Yeah sure and Nintendo CREATED those numbers... they pull it out from their hat lol

Wherever they took it from should be taken with a grain of salt.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
sully1311 said:
Does anyone know why it was adjusted again?

Nope, not even the site owners know that. The numbers on this site are self-aware and adjust themselves.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

Just for others;

Wii - DOWN 25k
PS3 - DOWN 1152k
Xbox - DOWN 642k

That is the actual adjustment of the totals for each of the homeconsoles. I don't track the handhelds :(

This is invisible text!

Just seen the latest adjustments.

My god, what has vgchartz become? Once it was a becon of hope and ceaseless joy (yesterday), now it is a junkyard of vagabond bones (today).

What will be tomorrow's adjustments? Wii 39%? What will be next week's? Wii 28%?

Soon the Wii will hit 0% market share at this rate and go completely out of existence, according to Vgchartz.

kowenicki said:
@killergran

I think you have that wrong.

How so?

This is invisible text!

psrock said:
atma998 said:
psrock said:
atma998 said:
psrock said:
atma998 said:

T

lol

Wherever they took it from should be taken with a grain of salt.

Lol you are some peice of work my friend, from now on the word hipocrite will be known as psrock

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.