By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Resident Evil: UC Reviewed - 8.3 - Gametrailers

It all depends on how you read the score

Think twice before helping a friend in need.

Around the Network

See, that's how you do a review. At least they aren't giving it 9s and 10s just because it's a good game. I'm surprised it did that well though, pleasantly surprised of course. If it got 7s I would get it eventually, but if IGN concurs and gives it an 8, I'll get it in a couple of weeks after I've gotten all 120 stars in galaxy.

And I trust IGN and GT more than anyone else. 1up and gamespot can't be taken seriousl.y

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Do you guys suppose completely ignoring Leon is Capcom's way of saying "lol just forget about 4, it was never a part of the main storyline"? It always felt a bit disjointed and out-of-place in the series, but I didn't think they'd completely ignore it.

Capcom do it again, seems like a great on rails shooter. Ive played RE4 to death on the Wii so this is a must have!!!!! I didnt expect it to get such a good solid score.

I'll be playing it this weekend - and will have some impressions up when I get the chance. Its always struck me as a 8.0-8.5 game, so the review seems about right.

The game does strike me as being the "best ever" on-rails shooter, as well as having a huge amount of content.

Not sure what is up with the gfx though - they definitely don't seem to be up to RE4 standards. Maybe its another engine, or maybe the need for having more textures or objects (or something) - no idea :P

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

Hmm, should I get this or Time Crisis 4 for my light gun fix.

This might be a better game, but I love TC and the new FPS mode seems cool.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I'm guessing the graphics were due to trying to match the detail of the bitmap/FMV backgrounds in 3D, and they evidently didn't have the time to match them perfectly.

BTW, what's the framerate of the game?

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

This sounds sweet...and the fact that it's long for a rail shooter pretty much sold the game for me...I want a game that I can play with friends...but be able to come back to a few times instead of beating it all in an hour.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Well I just bought it!

So what are my impressions? None yet. I'm not playing it now. I just beat Zack & Wiki. Now I have to finish Prime 3. Then it's either this, Galaxy or Twilight Princess. You can see my dilemna. So I may hold off entirely until I can play co-op with my buddy. Then it's a co-op only game for 2 best friends. Isn't that just so sweet?

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

It's a solid game. Best RE game in terms of story in a long time and the deepeest lightgun game I've ever played.

And Wesker is awesome. I love how arrogant he is.

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks