By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

PS3 software sales are high compared to X360.

Around the Network

It's easy to understand why the Wii is down alot compared to last year.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

jneul said:
kowenicki said:
JaggedSac said:
MS earnings report comes out today right?

http://www.microsoft.com/msft/default.mspx

oh goody, i bet they will post it as late as possible:P

Stock markets close at 4:00 EST(-5:00 GMT).  It will be posted shortly after that according to the link kowenicki posted.

leatherhat said:
I doubt mass effect will move much hardware, being a sequel to a plot heavy game snuffs out any chance. Id say MAG has an as good if not better chance of moving hardware.

Nope, Mass Effect 2 is like a million times more popular than MAG. Check the Amazon sales charts for example, or just any indicator of hype like forum threads.

PS3 barely beating 360 despite being 299 and the same price as 360 now. Never thought I'd see that day. Wouldn't be suirprised if 360 beats PS3 in NPD.

Javaupdate said:
leatherhat said:
I doubt mass effect will move much hardware, being a sequel to a plot heavy game snuffs out any chance. Id say MAG has an as good if not better chance of moving hardware.

Nope, Mass Effect 2 is like a million times more popular than MAG. Check the Amazon sales charts for example, or just any indicator of hype like forum threads.

PS3 barely beating 360 despite being 299 and the same price as 360 now. Never thought I'd see that day. Wouldn't be suirprised if 360 beats PS3 in NPD.

A couple things

1. Mass effect will sell more sortware than MAG, but people who want to play it already own an xbox - therefore little hardware increase

2. Xbox is still cheaper than ps3, and getting its ass kicked worldwide. Even a small loss in its home territory hurts. 

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Around the Network
Javaupdate said:
leatherhat said:

He isn't disputing that ME2 is more popular; he thinks it doesn't have a good chance of moving hardware because it's a sequel.

The PSP-PS2 mix up was my mistake actually, which was copied.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

What was the last x360 game to move serious hardware?

BTW: Thanks for editing my post, Norland. I didn't spot that error.

leatherhat said:
Javaupdate said:
leatherhat said:

A couple things

1. Mass effect will sell more sortware than MAG, but people who want to play it already own an xbox - therefore little hardware increase

2. Xbox is still cheaper than ps3, and getting its ass kicked worldwide. Even a small loss in its home territory hurts. 

Tie in America, maybe PS3 is selling 25%-33% better in Europe imo (maybe not), and Japan doesn't even count.

A small loss (tie) in it's home territory doesnt hurt at all given the current relative pricing (PS3 a massively better value). It more speaks to the fact Sony can never overtake 360 in America for sure now, no matter how much they cut the price.

justinian said:
What was the last x360 game to move serious hardware?

BTW: Thanks for editing my post, Norland. I didn't spot that error.

What was the last PS3 game to move serious hardware? MGS4 is the only one I can think of that did. I guess FF13 only in Japan (will have no effect elsewhere). But I kind of think the Slim had more effect on Ps3 sales in Japan than FF13. Just a hunch.

Games dont move that much hardware.