By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I am most disappointed in myself

Kantor said:
You used a guide from a website which dared to insult NSMBWii, calling it "great" and giving it Wii GoTY?

For shame, amp, for shame.

Note: Even if you were joking, most people in here aren't. 8.9 isn't bad. Genuinely.

This is exactly why I am disappointed in myself.  IGN gives it the "honor" of being the Wii GoTY and only gives it an 8.9?  Are you telling me that there wasn't a single Wii game last year that was deserving of a 9? 

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network

Shouldn't be dissapointed, guides are created for a reason. Even for the most "hardcore" gamers. They can't figure out everything all the time..........or can they? Yes, that is the question....................Heh, imagine finding the triforce pieces in the Great Sea from Wind Waker without using any sort of map or guide. You think that's possible?

"The Common Cold Isn't So Common During The Cold"     

I cleared Metroid Prime 2: Echoes on the GameCube on Hard Mode without using any sort of walk-through or guide. 100% scans/items.

Hand in your gamer card.

Imphamis said:
Shouldn't be dissapointed, guides are created for a reason. Even for the most "hardcore" gamers. They can't figure out everything all the time..........or can they? Yes, that is the question....................Heh, imagine finding the triforce pieces in the Great Sea from Wind Waker without using any sort of map or guide. You think that's possible?

absolutely. I never used a guide for Wind Waker and I beat the game.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Imphamis said:

but... IGN?? it's IGN!!

Around the Network
nordlead said:
Imphamis said:

I don't know why everyone complains about that, I was finding them in and about doing the other dungeons on my first playthrough, I barely noticed the supposed borefest it is.

And no I didn't use a guide either... I completed the game 100% without it, and complete most games as near to 100% as I can, and hardly ever use a guide.

I still see no shame in someone else using a guide though if they are stuck, I have heard some people on here say they use a guide straight away though, which seems kinda pointless to me. I can't remember who it was but someone was complaining that they completed Super Mario Galaxy in 16 or 17 hours and never played it again, when pressed on the quickness of his first time completion he said he used a guide.

IGN FTW!

TWRoO said:
nordlead said:
Imphamis said:

I don't know why everyone complains about that, I was finding them in and about doing the other dungeons on my first playthrough, I barely noticed the supposed borefest it is.

And no I didn't use a guide either... I completed the game 100% without it, and complete most games as near to 100% as I can, and hardly ever use a guide.

I still see no shame in someone else using a guide though if they are stuck, I have heard some people on here say they use a guide straight away though, which seems kinda pointless to me. I can't remember who it was but someone was complaining that they completed Super Mario Galaxy in 16 or 17 hours and never played it again, when pressed on the quickness of his first time completion he said he used a guide.

Same here, I had no problem with that Triforce quest thing either... In fact I rather enjoyed it. And I hardly ever use guides either, unless I'm really stuck or really can't be bothered to go through something I'd rather not.

And one of my friends is like that too, he uses guides for all his games. He ususally buys a game, finds a guide, completes the game using the guide and then generally never looks back. It's like he only plays the games so he can check them off a list or something. :/

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

amp316 said:
morenoingrato said:
ok, the walkthrough is ok, I usedone for the 3rd Star coin in 9-4, but I used the
Peach's castle one, but, IGN???!! that's unforgivable

But the Star Coin I was looking for wasn't in one of the hint videos in Peach's castle. 

I know that going to IGN was wrong, but please find it in your heart to forgive me. 

Hopefully this doesn't have a negative affect on me in the Biggest Nintendo Fan on VGChartz voting.

/sascarm

You gave one hit to IGN, now you can't expect my vote on the biggest nintendo fan lol

Unless the user against you's nickname were "IGNRULZ",  "IGNFANBOY" or something like that, you have lost the first of several votes

/sascarm

WiiU/Wii/3DS/DS/Xbox360/PS3/PSP Owner 
3DS FC: 1032-1246-9162  (Nacho)
Nintendo Network ID: Zap786
If you add me, please let me know to add you back

I don't feel guilty for looking up puzzles (except for a couple games) but when I have to look up stuff because I'm not skilled enough to beat a boss or a level, that gets to me.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you