By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So here's what I think of the PS3

twestern, thank you for giving an honest opinion about a product you actually tried. A shame you got flamed for it, but that is the internets.

Also, hilarious video, but HS isn't meant to be super difficult as far as I can tell.

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

Around the Network

That's fine Twestern that you gave your opinion. Opinion is an opinion.

I'm sure if I gave a review of the Wii, I would get bashed alot as well. I borrowed a Wii for a week, and I feel like motion controls are being shoved down my throat (much like people feel with Blu-ray and PS3). I've always liked Nintendo alot, but the Wii is definitely my least favorite console from them ever, save the Virtual Boy. I haven't played SMG yet, but I will put up a review after that.

I'll stick with the PS3 and 360. I absolutely can't wait for LO on the 360 and was so angry it got delayed because I have winter break off from school.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

I dont see why people are complaining honestly. i only questions things to see if he would elaborate points. Which he did.

BTW - what did you think of the folklore demo? and uncharted demo? 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

I liked Uncharted (even with the complaints). It was fun and I'll more than likely get it eventually. I would get it sooner but there are just too many games on my plate and I need to play catch up.

I tried Folklore and I *really* wanted to like it but I just didn't like it. I usually love games that do the cut scenes like theirs did it but something with those just didn't sit right with me. A lot of times there was some kind of funny blur effect that just hurt my eyes and the real/comic style didn't do much for me. The combat wasn't bad, but it wasn't something I was in love with either, same goes for the story. I didn't get a good feel for the adventure RPG part so not sure if I want to comment on that yet. I tried the girl the first time and I'll play through again but with the guy the next time.

FinalEvangelion said:
That's fine Twestern that you gave your opinion. Opinion is an opinion.

I'm sure if I gave a review of the Wii, I would get bashed alot as well. I borrowed a Wii for a week, and I feel like motion controls are being shoved down my throat (much like people feel with Blu-ray and PS3). I've always liked Nintendo alot, but the Wii is definitely my least favorite console from them ever, save the Virtual Boy. I haven't played SMG yet, but I will put up a review after that.

I'll stick with the PS3 and 360. I absolutely can't wait for LO on the 360 and was so angry it got delayed because I have winter break off from school.

They are in some games.  All told i perfer the Wii games that don't use the wii controls often or much at all.  It's the most comfortable controller to use when you don't have to use motion controls or point the Wiimote at the screen.  Either that or the games where the Wii-mote most definitly isn't tacked on.  Like Trauma Center or RE:UC.

Around the Network
jankazimierz said:
I think its odd that twestern (who, to me, seems like a wii supporter in his posts) would knock on the ps3, then buy one, then still say it sucks. Im not big on xbox360, but im not going to buy one then say it sucks. Not trying to flame, it just doesnt make sense to spend $500 on something if you know your not going to like it.

I thought it was odd too... but then I read the first page of the thread.  The whole page.

*~Onna76~* said:

The monster looks pretty damn sexy on my cupboard if I may say so :D

Girls are so tidy. Nice cupboard. PS3 is beautiful. Wii looks just like ordinary PC cd/dvd drive set vertically. I look forward to your review and impressions. Make it standalone not merged with twesterm's crap. I hope you'll be gentle little one. Your avatar doesn't portend it though.

*~Onna76~* said:

@Nordlead, my PS3 is only about 2 or 3 feet away from my TV.

@Entroper, I think I go for the Sony then, I'd rather not buy those cheap stuff, neither have I done for my WII for which I've also bought the original component cable, thanks for the advice ;)

This is how my game corner looks right now

Japanese WII and PS3 hand in hand together with my buddy Mario protecting against any thiefs, Lulu lurking to finish them off with some old fashion dark magic

Nice Lulu Doll, I have the same one :P actually all of the main cast of ff10 :D

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

Christ on a bike Onna, give me your gaming corner pl0x.

"Girls are so tidy."

Wait until you see the rest of the room, complete mess right now *lol*.

"Nice cupboard."

Thanks, can you believe it "my dad" made that? Yup, also the shelf.

"Wii looks just like ordinary PC cd/dvd drive set vertically."

You can't hold yourself back to bash hah?

"I look forward to your review and impressions. Make it standalone not merged with twesterm's crap. I hope you'll be gentle little one. Your avatar doesn't portend it though."

Thing needs to work first, I hope to get the converter in "tomorrow", but haven't heard from the bloke yet, he suppose to call me back :=/.

"Nice Lulu Doll, I have the same one :P actually all of the main cast of ff10 :D"

Grrr.. you have? Planning to buy them all as well. Only need bigger room. Got the three action figures of FFX-2. Don't you just hate it that Square Enix always leaves a character out of it? Why in earth NO WAKKA statue! That still pisses me off. Aeron I most definitely want!

"Christ on a bike Onna, give me your gaming corner pl0x."

Christ on a what? *lol*, never heard of that expression before. Eh... I... don't... think... sooo... :P One finger on any of my consoles and Mario beats the crap outta ya *lol*.

I've got Folk Soul here, for months. I slightly hope the voice actings are in Japanese as soon as I'll switch the language of my console to Japanese. The atmosphere kind of drew me to this game. Just hope I won't be disappointed.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo