By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So here's what I think of the PS3

I disagree with the cute factor.

I have this strange feeling that if I put a PS3 and a Wii next to each other that the PS3 will try to eat the Wii.

Around the Network

I don't know about the Wii, but I've heard of a couple of instances where a PS3 essentially ate a 360....I accidentally closed the door to my entertainment center while I was playing it, and after about 20 minutes it started making this horrible loud whirring, having heated up the inside of the center to like 105 degrees. It still worked fine and still does, but that freaked me out. I've heard of people who did that with a 360 on in the same spot, and guess which one dies from the heat first?

Apostrovich said:
I don't know about the Wii, but I've heard of a couple of instances where a PS3 essentially ate a 360....I accidentally closed the door to my entertainment center while I was playing it, and after about 20 minutes it started making this horrible loud whirring, having heated up the inside of the center to like 105 degrees. It still worked fine and still does, but that freaked me out. I've heard of people who did that with a 360 on in the same spot, and guess which one dies from the heat first?

Yea, that happened to an editor at 1up. He had his PS3 and 360 in an entertainment center and the PS3 killed the 360. 

That video is... pretty bad. Even Dynasty Warriors wouldn't let you get by without looking at the screen in any part of the game, or not moving the control stick.

Even FF12 makes you awlk up to the baddies. Still, just like FF12, you only have to play that way if you want too. Me I always keep 1 character with his gambits off.

Also, good to know to not put my PS3 next to my friends 360 when we get a place.

Around the Network

Which HDMI cable is the best by the way? I hear about Profigold and Monstercable, but Monstercables are ridiculously expensive, or are the Sony HDMI cables good as well?

I've decided to buy a step down converter, cost me over 60USD, but I know the brand, have used it always for the PS2, but that one is too light for the PS3 to use it. Better not take any risks plugging the PS3 in the powersocket no matter if the store says it will work. If the PS3 says 100Volt only then I guess you shouldn't mess with any other voltages.

The monster looks pretty damn sexy on my cupboard if I may say so :D

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

@Onna76

Assuming your going over short distances, just buy a quality cable. So long as the cable isn't a complete piece of trash, there is really no difference between one or the other. Now if you were going to go hundreds of feet, then i'd consider looking into a higher quality cable.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

I think its odd that twestern (who, to me, seems like a wii supporter in his posts) would knock on the ps3, then buy one, then still say it sucks.  Im not big on xbox360, but im not going to buy one then say it sucks.  Not trying to flame, it just doesnt make sense to spend $500 on something if you know your not going to like it.

*~Onna76~* said:

Which HDMI cable is the best by the way? I hear about Profigold and Monstercable, but Monstercables are ridiculously expensive, or are the Sony HDMI cables good as well?

I've decided to buy a step down converter, cost me over 60USD, but I know the brand, have used it always for the PS2, but that one is too light for the PS3 to use it. Better not take any risks plugging the PS3 in the powersocket no matter if the store says it will work. If the PS3 says 100Volt only then I guess you shouldn't mess with any other voltages.

The monster looks pretty damn sexy on my cupboard if I may say so :D

HDMI is a digital signal, so it really doesn't matter what kind of cable you get. It doesn't matter much for analog either, but it matters even less for digital.  Buy the cheapest HDMI cable you can find.

@Nordlead, my PS3 is only about 2 or 3 feet away from my TV.

@Entroper, I think I go for the Sony then, I'd rather not buy those cheap stuff, neither have I done for my WII for which I've also bought the original component cable, thanks for the advice ;)

This is how my game corner looks right now

Japanese WII and PS3 hand in hand together with my buddy Mario protecting against any thiefs, Lulu lurking to finish them off with some old fashion dark magic

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo