By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Updated sales numbers from NPD via GAF (Forza, Demon's Soul, Rabbids, etc.)

haxxiy said:
Slimebeast said:

So Demon's Souls and Valkyria Chronicles have a lot higher numbers on VGC than NPD.

I hope it's just a coincidence that these two games also are extremely unproportionally popular on this particular forum...

Also ioi ramped up Forza 3 numbers by half a million just to please Selnor. Yeah, right...

On a serious note, is that hard to believe NPD must be undertracked some games? I mean, ioi had a thousand chances to update them already if he felt VGC numbers were wrong. He's looking to build a serious site, not pleasing fanboys.

Of course NPD undertracks some games, but I've got the impression that if you would average out the sales of a number of games, in general VGC seems to overtrack a little (or it's NPD who undertracks most games).

Around the Network

eeps

haxxiy said:
Slimebeast said:

So Demon's Souls and Valkyria Chronicles have a lot higher numbers on VGC than NPD.

I hope it's just a coincidence that these two games also are extremely unproportionally popular on this particular forum...

Also ioi ramped up Forza 3 numbers by half a million just to please Selnor. Yeah, right...

On a serious note, is that hard to believe NPD must be undertracked some games? I mean, ioi had a thousand chances to update them already if he felt VGC numbers were wrong. He's looking to build a serious site, not pleasing fanboys.

Rest assured if a subscription based tracker like NPD was more inaccurate in comparison to a free tracker, NPD would have be a memory a long time ago. I know people are members of this site and for some reason feel the need to defend it but come on, NPD is not going to be the more inaccurate of the two.

That said for hardware this site is pretty good, the software tracking is not good at all though to say the least.

Brett has made it clear that his stance with a large number of games will be to wait until some companies release financial reports, at which time he may or may not make adjustments, based on how close our numbers are.

If he adjusts VC or any other game, it won't be for a while longer, and if he does it will be in a big way.

The trouble is, the companies figures rarely include software sales, especially for smaller titles. Sega will likely release the Mario and Sonic sales rather than Valkyria's number.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

Around the Network

rabbids> metroid triology> conduit> madworld, overkill excitebots

buuuuut rabids

kopstudent89 said:

buuuuut rabids<200k... so all but rabids are overtracked, especially HotD:overkill and metroid :/

Keep in mind that may have actually just been for December

Soriku said:

Some more figures:

MGS4 is over 1.3m, KZ2 is over 800k.

For reference VGC has MGS4 at 2 mil, KZ2 at 1.01 mil in the NAs.

Are MGS4, Valkyria Chronicles, KZ2 and Uncharted 2 LTD?

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Khuutra said:
kopstudent89 said:

buuuuut rabids<200k... so all but rabids are overtracked, especially HotD:overkill and metroid :/

Keep in mind that may have actually just been for December

Yes i realized that and thought to check out the neogaf forums, but there's alot of confusion

OT: Damn MGS4 and UC seem overtracked significantly

I choose to believe VGChartz numbers because they make me feel better.