By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Anyone watching the Apple event?

IBooks is gonna be huge...
and the price is nice.. i'm getting the 32 gb with 3g..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
endgadget seem VERY underwhelmed

They were underwhelmed by the iPod too.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

So, let me get this straight:

It's an iPod Touch. With a bigger screen. Which isn't close to portable.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
So, let me get this straight:

It's an iPod Touch. With a bigger screen. Which isn't close to portable.

That's one way to look at it.

Another way to look at it as the kindle with color, sound, video, touch screen, apps, albeit shorter battery life. For not much more money.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

Yep, piss off then

Don't need me none of this

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
endgadget seem VERY underwhelmed

Engadget doesn't like to read books... iBooks is gonna do what iTunes did for music.. there I said it...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

kowenicki said:
no phone calls

no multitasking

seriously ... no multitasking!?

Do you really see yourself making a phone call with that behemoth?

It would be like talking into a PC monitor.

If I were to carry all my textbooks in my backpack this semester, it would weigh like 60lbs. It sure would be nice if I could replace most of that with a tiny pad. Imagine being able to carry all the books on your bookshelf, all the music in your ipod, all the video on your dvd case on one device. Obviously today the memory is too expensive for all that, but in a few year it's possible.

Grimes said:
If I were to carry all my textbooks in my backpack this semester, it would weigh like 60lbs. It sure would be nice if I could replace most of that with a tiny pad. Imagine being able to carry all the books on your bookshelf, all the music in your ipod, all the video on your dvd case on one device. Obviously today the memory is too expensive for all that, but in a few year it's possible.

Yup...right after you've bought it all again (except the music on your iPod).

iPad and iBook, Im confused. Did they release two big flat-screens?