By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu SALES (1/18 – 1/24) -- VC2 debuts at #2!!

In my honest opinion, i believe we can count Valkyria Chronicles as the Fable or Zelda for PlayStations now, the fanbase is Japan is a big one, Sega must realize this now between the first game, the re-launch of the first game, and the anime and so on and so forth.

Im willing to bet from here on out VC stays on Playstation stuff hence-forth.

and yes, those sales are rather unreal, even more so for a PSP game. aslong as japan keeps on lovin PSP it should stay alive for that reason alone, however localizations wont be to kind for us in the NA or EU...

Around the Network
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
In my honest opinion, i believe we can count Valkyria Chronicles as the Fable or Zelda for PlayStations now, the fanbase is Japan is a big one, Sega must realize this now between the first game, the re-launch of the first game, and the anime and so on and so forth.

Im willing to bet from here on out VC stays on Playstation stuff hence-forth.

and yes, those sales are rather unreal, even more so for a PSP game. aslong as japan keeps on lovin PSP it should stay alive for that reason alone, however localizations wont be to kind for us in the NA or EU...

I think Sony basically "moneyhatted" the thing by producing the anime, which coincided with Sega's "2nd push" to success.  I don't seriously expect it to go multi, though it'd have helped VC1 (360) and would greatly help VC2 (Wii) sales wise outside Japan.

and yes, those sales are rather unreal, even more so for a PSP game

Not in Japan.

@Seraphic

It would be more of like their Fire Emblem than their Zelda/Fable.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:
@Seraphic

Yeah, being a SRPG.  Not sure what the Microsoft equivalent would be, KUF?

Around the Network
jarrod said:
Euphoria14 said:
@Seraphic

Is Kingdom Under Fire anything like FE or VC? I have no clue as I haven't played them yet.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

So RE possibly in the 20-30k range better than the preview i guess

Euphoria14 said:
jarrod said:
Euphoria14 said:
@Seraphic

Is Kingdom Under Fire anything like FE or VC? I have no clue as I haven't played them yet.

Eh, they're like RTS/action hybrids with mild RPG elements.  So not really, but they're as close as anything I can think of for MS.  Then again, VC and FE are pretty different, as far Zelda and Fable really...

I'm not sure what Sony's "Zelda" would be either?  Alundra?  Dark Cloud?  Team ICO games?

kopstudent89 said:
So RE possibly in the 20-30k range better than the preview i guess

Yeah, looks like DSC held well.  Won't hit the 300k that UC managed, but it should do more than half that guaranteed, and might even crawl past 200k if it's lucky.

jarrod said:
Euphoria14 said:
jarrod said:
Euphoria14 said:
@Seraphic

Eh, they're like RTS/action hybrids with mild RPG elements.  So not really, but they're as close as anything I can think of for MS.  Then again, VC and FE are pretty different, as far Zelda and Fable really...

I'm not sure what Sony's "Zelda" would be either?  Alundra?  Dark Cloud?  Team ICO games?

I would probably go with the Team ICO games.

Currently playing: