By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu SALES (1/18 – 1/24) -- VC2 debuts at #2!!

http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1231649_1124.html
Square Enix announces Dragon Quest VI (DS) shipments have passed 1 million.

- Dragon Quest IV (DS) --- First Week 601.737 / LTD 1.214.610
- Dragon Quest V (DS) --- First Week 679.442 / LTD 1.189.064

Around the Network

wow huuuge!! Another million seller in Japan for the DS!

so both Taiko 2 and Poke Park will make it past 300K. That's pretty good especially for PokePark since it was only announced 2 months before release. Taiko 2 made a good recovery from the disastrous opening. It's still down a lot from the first game but at least respectable now.

Also, who here were expecting both SW3 and Momotaru 2010 to outsell ToG? I certainly didn't expect that.

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

jarrod said:
routsounmanman said:
@jarrod

OMG yes!!! And the graphics could be spurred up to PS3-like ones.

Yeah, actually they could do a Arc port for PS3 too later on.

OMG SRPG with point controls? XD.

Wagram said:
Final Fantasy XIII did pretty well for Japan I think. My guess is 2 million lifetime. In like 6 months to a year they should bring out an upgraded version and it should definitely hit the 2 Mill.

it will do 2 million regarless of the updated version, with the international version can get pass 2.5 slowly.

Around the Network
saicho said:
so both Taiko 2 and Poke Park will make it past 300K. That's pretty good especially for PokePark since it was only announced 2 months before release. Taiko 2 made a good recovery from the disastrous opening. It's still down a lot from the first game but at least respectable now.

Also, who here were expecting both SW3 and Momotaru 2010 to outsell ToG? I certainly didn't expect that.

Taiko 1 was only at 363k at this point, Taiko 2's not really that far behind it.  People forget that Taiko 1 got as far as it did off huge legs... I think Taiko 2 will be a fixture in the top 30 through Q1 and probably go on to 450k+.  In fact, Namco's rereleasing a drumless version on Taiko 1 next month because Taiko 2's doing so well.

Momotaru and Musou have both been a big surprise though, I think both could leg it past 300k themselves, which is competitive with PS2/DS (Momo) or PSP/PS3 (Musou) sales for each series.  Graces on the other hand is heartbreaking... I still can't believe it only sold as well as Hearts and TOS2.  God damn FFXIII! :/

SW3 is holding up much better than I expected

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Xoj said:
Wagram said:
Final Fantasy XIII did pretty well for Japan I think. My guess is 2 million lifetime. In like 6 months to a year they should bring out an upgraded version and it should definitely hit the 2 Mill.

it will do 2 million regarless of the updated version, with the international version can get pass 2.5 slowly.

With DLC some Japanese will rebuy it. Squenix is clever.

jarrod said:

Taiko 1 was only at 363k at this point, Taiko 2's not really that far behind it.  People forget that Taiko 1 got as far as it did off huge legs... I think Taiko 2 will be a fixture in the top 30 through Q1 and probably go on to 450k+.  In fact, Namco's rereleasing a drumless version on Taiko 1 next month because Taiko 2's doing so well.

This is good to know. Thanks!

The other game I'm wondering is Mario & Sonic at Olympic Winter Games. With Winter Olympic coming in less than 2 weeks, I'm wondering if the sale for the game would pick up a bit.

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

rccsetzer said:
Xoj said:
Wagram said:

With DLC some Japanese will rebuy it. Squenix is clever.

japan dont buy DLC, they didn't even update GT5 prologue.

why u tec SPEC 3 was released?