By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 40gb selling out in SOME gamestops (U.S)

leo-j said:

http://www.gamestop.com/productavail.asp?miles=10&sku=020285&zip=33125&product_name=Sony+PlayStation+3+40GB+Spider%2DMan+3+Movie+Pack&platforms=PS3&sbox=020285a%2Ejpg&status=A&bn=False

What does this say? I think BC wasnt really an issue for people.

It could be that B.C. wasn't an issue for many people yeah. It could also be uninformed buying it for their children for Christmas not knowing it lacks B.C. and will partially disappoint, thinking the 40GB at that price is "limited" I've seen it listed as such in a few magazines though I'm certain they just mean the spider man pack in. It's a very tough call and I'm not one to make it. Regardless of what reason and makings beyond the scenes that we'll never know it sucks. This sends a message to Sony that B.C. is unimportant to everybody which is just not true at all.

Around the Network

Anyone notice this is in a extreemly populated area? They need to have alot of shipments in, come on its miami.

mM

People are just stupid now a days. The PS3 might be good and all, but there is no great games just for it. You have to wait like a year for the great games that are going to be on it to come out. The cell it has blows and Blue-Ray is in competition with hd dvd. So that is up in the air. People should just stop buying PS3 and go by Wii and xbox360

I think it could also say that there are not many being shipped right now (Something like 360 Elite selling out in Japan...)... The sales charts aren't exactly spiking for Sony in North America anymore then they did in July after the 80 Gb was introduced and the 60 Gb got a price discount.

How many are the gamestops getting to begin with? Weren't supplies constainted?

Around the Network
leo-j said:
Anyone notice this is in a extreemly populated area? They need to have alot of shipments in, come on its miami.

With only 1 store chain on a alright selling console.

Seriously they might of just underestimated it

that or maybe it really  is selling that much, i think we are just saying this is kinda like amazon indicator, not really accurate, but possible

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

Well ,Sony told the NA sales just doubled because the 40Gb so ....maybe the shipment was some 50-60K and it sold 40-45k additional units ...

The gamestops by me tend to get between 1 and 3 PS3's per shipment. Most gamestops do. Same with 360s. Wii's used to be the same till they started selling like mad, then they upped those.

Gamestops have like zero room back room storage.

kirby007 said:
do u think a normal US inhabitant knows they pulled BC out?
lol o wait u are an US inhabitant, that explains it

Anyone who types the way you do should not be criticizing the intellect of others.

In Memoriam RVW Jr.

SSBB Friend Code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add so I can add you!) 

Tetris Party Friend Code = 116129046416 (ditto)

tuggy said:
People are just stupid now a days. The PS3 might be good and all, but there is no great games just for it. You have to wait like a year for the great games that are going to be on it to come out. The cell it has blows and Blue-Ray is in competition with hd dvd. So that is up in the air. People should just stop buying PS3 and go by Wii and xbox360

Have you played Ratchet, Motorstorm, CoD, Resistance or Uncharted demo. calling PS3 owners stupid is just too far, calling Wii owners stupid because I don't agree with them is the same as what you are doing, pointless. If you hate the PS3 so much why are you posting in this thread

add me