By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 40gb selling out in SOME gamestops (U.S)

Around the Network
Soriku said:
Diomedes1976 said:
Well ,Sony told the NA sales just doubled because the 40Gb so ....maybe the shipment was some 50-60K and it sold 40-45k additional units ...

1. It was tripled.

2. I can't believe you took that seriously.

no trippled in EU, doubled in US. Sorry, reading comprehension? I even bolded that part.

Not that Amazon is the best source of data, but it's as good as any anecdotal evidence being reported here. The 40gb version has been doing terrible on Amazon and it's been in stock since release.

I honestly expected the 40GB to do better, has Sony actually reached the point of no return? Has everyone already laid down their chips on the 360?

You have to remember 2 things about Amazon.com

1. It's a worldwide site.

2. If Amazon.com were any indicator, New Super Mario Bros is going to outsell Call of Duty 4 on the PS3 next week, along with DDR Hottest Party and High School Musical for the Wii.

That being said, I don't think the PS3 will ever reach 360 or Wii levels in America this Christmas, but if the PS3 can land a good holiday season in Japan and Others than the 360 will end up looking like crap.

Around the Network

Like I said, Amazon isn't the best, but it's as reasonable as any anecdotal evidence like walking into stores. When the PS3 was near the top of the Amazon charts, people couldn't stop posting about it. So it's kind of hypocritical to complain about it only when it's doing poorly. Don't make me dig up the PS3 is #1 on Amazon thread.

Oh, please don't, that's almost as painful as when people bump the Blu-ray vs. HD-DVD thread.

I am buying mine tomorrow.

FishyJoe said:
Not that Amazon is the best source of data, but it's as good as any anecdotal evidence being reported here. The 40gb version has been doing terrible on Amazon and it's been in stock since release.

R U kidding? 40 gb sku is consequently between top 30-60. Terrible? So what can you say about X360 which is behind it... and yes amazon isn't a good indicator. I've set my hopes high before. It never works.