By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 40GB PS3 To Beat Wii in Japan?

I think 40 GB sales will dissapoint. Probably 30-40k on day 1.

Around the Network
NJ5 said:

If you're interested in anedoctal evidence:

They've clearly just opened the shop. What did you expect? A little tent city outside a day before? Go and enjoy the success of SMG

1) It's possible but highly improbable, even if it does happen it likely won't be fore more then a week.

2) I doubt it... If so, it'll be based soley on the fact that the japanese don't buy a lot of software. DW5 really underperformed. The Japanese may be finally sick of their Chinese history. Or just their DW games in general. See Gundam Musou.

3) Seems... extremely unlikely... I mean the game is stronger in the US... and it's US sales have been a huge disapointment.

1) I think PS3 will outsell Wii but hard to say if it will be more than a week. When DW: Gundam was released PS3 sales were up 122% (to 46k), so huge influence on sales from DW5 is also possible. Plus there is a new 40GB model released which should also help (and not by a little). Also Wii is doing worse than I was expecting selling only a little more than twice as fast as PS3 even with Galaxy release.

2) I think yes and it will be pretty easy task as I don't know of any big game being released in the same time as Dynasty.

3) Ratchet may win with Galaxy in its release week but it won't sell better for long. Galaxy lifetime sales will be higher with almost no doubt.

NJ5 said:

nice posting up the setting up of those kiosks. Notice the guy putting the R&C sign up. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

1. No no no
2. Maybe
3. No no no

About that photo -> it's obviously bad weather... so why the hell are they putting out cardboard boxes and electrical equipment?

Even if it's under a shelter, wind can still blow them boxes and wet people and hair and things will be going pask the kiosks. There's gonna be alot of people (hopefully) using them controllers and touching the screen and stuff.

ssj12 said:
NJ5 said:

nice posting up the setting up of those kiosks. Notice the guy putting the R&C sign up.

The two guys by the TV look like they are setting something up, but the guy by the R&C sign isn't even facing the right direction. Look at his feet and his hand holding what looks to be a phone. Anyways you can see his hand is either contorted behind is back in a freakish way or he isn't facing towards the camera.

PS - Whats up with the chick with a sign?

To Each Man, Responsibility

How is Ratchet going to win from Mario Galaxy?

Mario sold 250.000 first week, that will lead to at least 100.000 this week and around 50.000 coming week. I don't think R&C will even break 30.000.
And Galaxy will be in the top 10 until 2008.

1. Playstation 3 will never outsell the Wii.
2. Shin Sangokumosou 5? I don't even know what that is, so definitely no!
3. Future cannot touch a single atom from Galaxy. It cannot even, by force of moving, blow wind onto Galaxy. It cannot obscure light from Galaxy. Even if Future blocked the path of Galaxy, Galaxy would go right through it, as if it did not exist, because Future cannot even change Galaxy's destiny, and the way it exists. Galaxy wipes the floor with Future. Galaxy owns Future. Galaxy "is" the Future. Future works for Galaxy. Compared to Galaxy, there is "no" Future!