By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - UK politician: Games cause kids to lose their childhood

he looks CG or photoshoped

Around the Network

Come back Guy Fawkes all is forgiven!

KungKras said:
If games drive people away from reality, their reality must already suck.

You know, what you say here really hit home for me.

Saying that games are causing kids to lose their childhood is so presumptuous and ignorant it is really beyond belief.

My dad died when I was a teenager, and some of the best memories I have of him are when I would play Resident Evil 2 at night and he would watch me play (before this he new nothing of video games), totally amazed by the graphics and story. After that he would always stick around before going to bed to watch what games we were playing. We had an awesome time. Treasured memories for me. Now this fuckhead says games steal childhood. Games were a big part of mine, and so, to this arsehat I say a large (and wet) "FUCK YOU!".

O-D-C said:
he looks CG or photoshoped

He freaks me out, look at his eyes and teeth.

_mevildan said:
 KungKras said:

Saying that games are causing kids to lose their childhood is so presumptuous and ignorant it is really beyond belief.

My dad died when I was a teenager, and some of the best memories I have of him are when I would play Resident Evil 2 at night and he would watch me play (before this he new nothing of video games), totally amazed by the graphics and story. After that he would always stick around before going to bed to watch what games we were playing. We had an awesome time. Treasured memories for me. Now this fuckhead says games steal childhood. Games were a big part of mine, and so, to this arsehat I say a large (and wet) "FUCK YOU!".

There are always people that doesn't understand video games and refuses to understand them, thankfully they are ignored most of the time nowadays. People like the guy in this article are only quoted to be laughed at.

Childhood memories are childhood memories, they don't get erased from the mind if people play video games during their childhood. Oh, and sorry to hear about your dad.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network

it's called PARENTING. Do it.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Oh dear! I lost my childhood! Wait... I play Video Games and still go out all the time, this is nonsense!

Where do these Politicians come up with this crap? If you wanna make claims, at least do some research first.

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

_mevildan said:
 KungKras said:

Gaming actually enhances childhood. This post actually proves it. I can agree, times I spent gaming are one of the only things left I have to cherish.

Not everybody has the chance to go frolicing outside.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Let me guess, this guy got owned the first time he went online on COD4.....

SaviorX said:
_mevildan said:
 KungKras said:

Gaming actually enhances childhood. This post actually proves it. I can agree, times I spent gaming are one of the only things left I have to cherish.

Not everybody has the chance to go frolicing outside.

I can not agree more. Battle ogre 64 helped my reading skills immensly, while Age of Empires 2 got me interested in history.

I also remembered the long gaming nights me and my friends would have playing nascar '99 and super smash bros. on my N64.

it's parenting though, plain and simple. My parents wouldn't even let me play many teen rated games until I was 9. While kids as young as 6 today are beating up hoes and shooting the muslim stereotype in FPS games.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive