By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Natal the 360s last hope?

Is Natal the 360s last hope?

Yes!!! 147 46.52%

No!!! 67 21.20%

Maybe??? 46 14.56%

Candy!!! 56 17.72%

Total:316
richardhutnik said:
maximus22 said:
d21lewis said:
Natal is Microsoft's Luke Skywalker. It's an untrained orphan farmboy with blonde hair. It'll probably kiss his sister, kill his father, and blow up the Death Star. Yoda rode on his back while he ran through the forest, too. Yoda is cool. Did you see him totally whoop Count Dooku in Episode Il? That was awesome.

Wait. What are we talking about?

This!!!!!!!!

That?

... Yes that?  It was very funny.

OP:  This topic is pointless other than to hear the same opinions stated over and over.  The success of Natal depends strictly on the software available for it.  If the games are amazing then Natals success will be amazing as the inverse will also be true.  However, if the games are all like that ball ricochet game then Natal will surely bomb. 

In my opinion, neither Natal or Sony Arc-whatever will be huge system sellers for very long at all.  But once again: all we can do is wait and see.

Around the Network
Xoj said:
NJ5 said:
perpride said:
NJ5 said:

If we're talking about preventing the PS3 from overtaking the 360, yes.

I don't expect a great reception to Natal though, which is why I think the PS3 will end up overtaking the 360 next year (which will be pretty near the end of the generation, so MS could argue it doesn't matter much).

does it really matter what MS argues??? It's like Nintendo trying to say they didn't end up with third place last gen. because of how close they were to MS.

On topic: No, I don't think Natal is the only thing left. First of all, the 360 has a great library of games. Secondly, it still has room for 1, maybe 2 price drops. Third, you have Xbox Live which is a really big hit here in America. When I couple all of this with a 6 million console lead, I just can't see Sony catching up. It's not so much Sony's incompetence, but I truly believe MS will have something up their sleeves. To give away the lead now after this long would be a huge dissapointment.

Not because MS would argue it, but I think the argument has a certain value. The PS3 and 360 will probably end the generation in a virtual tie, with the PS3 catching up late in the gen...

edit - BTW the lead is 5.34 million right now.

they will go by NPD numbers and ignore the existence of japan, like people do here probably.

@perpride, microsoft can 2 do thing, heavy price cut the 360 and hope for natal it's a success and by success it have to be wii fit like sucess.

sony will cut alot more that lead before natal comes out, but considering natal is hardware, i don't expect the price 360 go down that much when they actually issue a another price cut.

@bolded - haha so true. I can completely see them doing this too. And IGN.com will be right there with them!

I think that if Natal is not successful MS could still stay on top of things by cutting the price of the arcade model.

Have you seen the 360's 2010 lineup? I could care less about Natal at a time like this.

The last hope for 360 (in sales terms) is strong software and price, nothing else matters. Natal is useless with no software to back it up.

no, its not

Star Ocean 4 was

Around the Network

No. The last hope for MS is $129 Arcade.

they will drop the price of the arcade to 149.99 and elite to 249.99 in march-may and that will put the 360 back on top of ps3 in hardware sales. only because hardware sales are so far behind the compition.
but anyway i dont think microsoft cares about coming in 2nd place anyway in terms of hardware sales. they care about the money. and even with a 50 dollar price cut they will bring in 100's of millions with the 360 this year. i dont think they will do everything they can to stay on top of sony. look at sony that 100 dollar price cut means no profit this year but because of it they likley wont see a profit untill 2011 five years after its launch. i dont think microsoft wants to be like sony at all.
natal isnt the 360's last hope. after the price cut they will be back on top anyway.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

It's called "Natal". Which is pronounced -Not All. It's not all they have........I hope.

I'll say they have 2 "hopes" left. Natal and another price drop. If both those don't get 360 back ahead of PS3 then 360 is going to be last.

^^^Luke Skywalker AND Princess Leia, huh? Very clever, Yoda.....very clever, indeed.