By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft needs to do something FAST!!

what makes me laugh the most is the sales figures speak for themselves. 360 has been in the bottom 2 for months now and will continue to do so this gen yet still people turn a blind eye to the facts

"...the best way to prepare [to be a programmer] is to write programs, and to study great programs that other people have written. In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and fished out listings of their operating system." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

"Hey, Steve, just because you broke into Xerox's house before I did and took the TV doesn't mean I can't go in later and take the stereo." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

Bill Gates had Mac prototypes to work from, and he was known to be obsessed with trying to make Windows as good as SAND (Steve's Amazing New Device), as a Microsoft exec named it. It was the Mac that Microsoft took for its blueprint on how to make a GUI.

""Windows [n.] - A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.""

Around the Network

A fantastic quote.."Linux is not user-friendly. It _is_ user-friendly. It is not ignorant-friendly and idiot-friendly."

"The box said ‘Requires Windows 95 or better’. So I installed LINUX"

Please lets keep windows as it is!

"...the best way to prepare [to be a programmer] is to write programs, and to study great programs that other people have written. In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and fished out listings of their operating system." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

"Hey, Steve, just because you broke into Xerox's house before I did and took the TV doesn't mean I can't go in later and take the stereo." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

Bill Gates had Mac prototypes to work from, and he was known to be obsessed with trying to make Windows as good as SAND (Steve's Amazing New Device), as a Microsoft exec named it. It was the Mac that Microsoft took for its blueprint on how to make a GUI.

""Windows [n.] - A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.""

""what makes me laugh the most is the sales figures speak for themselves. 360 has been in the bottom 2 for months now and will continue to do so this gen yet still people turn a blind eye to the facts""

Well i guess u can say that but these guys are saying, "xbox 360 shouldnt worry"
BUT aside from this all is that

I had 2 xboxes and both died one manufactured 2005- and other one 2006 and both RROD dont care about it anymore lol

BUT even if i still had my 360 I never knew I was going to get a Ps3. I dont understand why Heavy rain, mag, god of war 3, uncharted and Last guardian are so attractive enough making me wanna buy a PS3. First time i ever buy a SONY console. So therefore I have Metal Gear solid 4, Uncharted 1/2, Killzone 2, Final Fantasy Versus still to play.... i dont even know what to say to myself. I dont even know if i have time to play all those ps3 games. I could care less about sony loosing money because,

If its all about the games, I can sincerely say this year will be their turning point to start regenerating financial health.

All Microsoft needs to do is keep doing what they're doing. They have a strong lineup, cool stuff coming up, and a very very solid user base. There's also a little game called Halo Reach coming out this year. Natal will most likely move some hardware and/or software.

But you cannot count the PS3 out, it's true. PS3 exclusives are getting to the point where they're almost always guaranteed to be awesome, and their most anticipated ones haven't even come out yet. Plus, while the Zune Marketplace has added a lot to the media capabilities with the BluRay quality instant streaming, the PS3 really is the only "do everything" console on the market.

If you are a 360 fan, just be glad that Sony is there to give MS a run for its money and keep them honest. If you're a PS3 fan, just be glad that Sony is still very much in the game, gaining ground fast, and putting out great content all the time as a result of the sales deficit.

This is a win/win situation for fans of either HD console.

"But you cannot count the PS3 out, it's true. PS3 exclusives are getting to the point where they're almost always guaranteed to be awesome, and their most anticipated ones haven't even come out yet.

-Amen

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
Do you remember early 2008?

it was the same scenario, although the gap between PS3 & it weekly is much bigger than it was then

but still its fine.

Not to be rude or anything, could you provide a link for that? I find it a little too hard to believe that halo 3, mass effect, and bioshock didn't keep up the momentum of the 360. Plus the ps3 didn't really have much holiday 2007 to beat halo 3, the huge juggernaut. Although i'm still playing heavenly sword :)

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Like cut the price and lose any profit they're making on the 360? no that isn't a good route to good down.

KeptoKnight said:

"^Fixed"

Naaaww those are not attractive i already played Mass Affect First one didnt like it. But nice try.

I rather play MAG (PS3) and perfect dark in the xbox 360 console if i ever get it.

So re-fixed: MAG, Uncharted 2, Heavy Rain makes saliva come out of my mouth and i dont have a ps3 or Xbox 360, I think i knwo what to get myself with my income tax return. I already have a wii and a pc.

But thxs - FKNNETWORK- for trying overlook my grammar. If i wanted to, I could've just scheduled an appointment with my private english tutor at my university. 

I didn't say a word about your grammar, not any of my concern how you (or anyone else) writes!

And regarding MAG, I played the beta, didn't like it at all and the reviews confirm my thoughts perfectly: not very good, none of the reviews that came out today have been very positive about it (78 on metacritic so far), but if MAG is the game you want then cool!

Legend11 said:
BladeOfGod said:
mega-chris said:
Legend11 said:
mega-chris said:
Legend11 said:
It's all a matter of perspective. Sony is still losing a lot of market share in the video game industry as a result of PS2 and PSP game and console sales being in free fall. They're also the ones that are bleeding money big time since they're not able to lean on those money makers as much anymore. Meanwhile Microsoft finally has their Xbox business in a profitable position and growing the Xbox userbase well beyond what it was with their previous console. So really who are the ones with the problem?

i love when people come into defense for their console preference. are microsoft paying you to defend them? theres no way in hell i would ever defend sony, microsoft or nintendo! they only want your money!

Hey...  Remember this?  You posted it over 4 weeks ago...

duh! im an uncharted fan! just llike im a mass effect fan. thats like saying just because i like the dark knight better then spiderman im guilty.. wow people these days.. you defending microsoft on almost all your posts pretty much sums you up for me. you see the wink at the end? meaning jk? lmao you fail on everything you just said! good bye!

its not the fact that he is defending MS in every post, but also that he has to diss sony in every post as well...its getting old now

What's getting old are posts like yours.  You talk about others dissing systems and yet you come into the Microsoft forum to diss the 360 so who are you to talk?  Seriously next time you want to criticize me create an alt account because with posts like the one below you shouldn't be complaining about other users.

where have i dissed the 360? is there any part of my post that is not correct? if it is, please tell me

BladeOfGod said:
Legend11 said:
BladeOfGod said:
mega-chris said:
Legend11 said:
mega-chris said:
Legend11 said:
It's all a matter of perspective. Sony is still losing a lot of market share in the video game industry as a result of PS2 and PSP game and console sales being in free fall. They're also the ones that are bleeding money big time since they're not able to lean on those money makers as much anymore. Meanwhile Microsoft finally has their Xbox business in a profitable position and growing the Xbox userbase well beyond what it was with their previous console. So really who are the ones with the problem?

i love when people come into defense for their console preference. are microsoft paying you to defend them? theres no way in hell i would ever defend sony, microsoft or nintendo! they only want your money!

Hey...  Remember this?  You posted it over 4 weeks ago...

duh! im an uncharted fan! just llike im a mass effect fan. thats like saying just because i like the dark knight better then spiderman im guilty.. wow people these days.. you defending microsoft on almost all your posts pretty much sums you up for me. you see the wink at the end? meaning jk? lmao you fail on everything you just said! good bye!

its not the fact that he is defending MS in every post, but also that he has to diss sony in every post as well...its getting old now

What's getting old are posts like yours.  You talk about others dissing systems and yet you come into the Microsoft forum to diss the 360 so who are you to talk?  Seriously next time you want to criticize me create an alt account because with posts like the one below you shouldn't be complaining about other users.

where have i dissed the 360? is there any part of my post that is not correct? if it is, please tell me

I see so what gripe do you have with my posts in this thread?  I've basically stated facts so what's the problem?