By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft needs to do something FAST!!

Well, they're making a decent profit now.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

Around the Network

This thread is comical in light of the results posted by M$...truly comical!

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Who cares about MS results ? The 360 is only a very small part of MS... If it's losing market share, it's losing market share... The fact MS has money won't magically put the 360 back on top.

Now if MS stopped funding timed exclusives which go to PS3 six months after (GTA DLC) and if they opened studios and made exclusive games with their money, now yeah, their money would help.

mario64 said:
Who cares about MS results ? The 360 is only a very small part of MS... If it's losing market share, it's losing market share... The fact MS has money won't magically put the 360 back on top.

Now if MS stopped funding timed exclusives which go to PS3 six months after (GTA DLC) and if they opened studios and made exclusive games with their money, now yeah, their money would help.

MS results are important. It proves that they could cut the price if they so choose, if market share is what they desired. So you can see any losses in market share in that context. They can either profit or improve market position with price cuts.

$375M / 7M consoles is $53. They could have cut $50 off across the board and likely still made a marginal profit.

Do you know what its like to live on the far side of Uranus?

Microsoft's 360 division is really looking pants compared to the other divisions so much so it stands out out like turd on the path. Microsoft have had price cut after price cut and yet still it doesnt make headway with the bigger videogame companies. The topic is ragrding this fact they DO need to do something FAST unfortunately for microsoft it will have to be with a new console the 360 just cant sell in the numbers to catch up despite being the cheapest out there. The RROD has stubbed their toe a lot but also the fact taht outside of america the rest of the world really do know that american electronic manufacturing is the worst in the world for reliability. 2011 new microsoft console 360 will be left for dead by end of 2011

"...the best way to prepare [to be a programmer] is to write programs, and to study great programs that other people have written. In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and fished out listings of their operating system." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

"Hey, Steve, just because you broke into Xerox's house before I did and took the TV doesn't mean I can't go in later and take the stereo." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

Bill Gates had Mac prototypes to work from, and he was known to be obsessed with trying to make Windows as good as SAND (Steve's Amazing New Device), as a Microsoft exec named it. It was the Mac that Microsoft took for its blueprint on how to make a GUI.

""Windows [n.] - A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.""

Around the Network
slowmo said:
Legend11 said:
BladeOfGod said:

this thread is about flaming Microsoft so dont bring Sony into this to somehow make MS look better

Huh?  The 4th word in the original post is PS3..  How was Sony not already in this thread when the very thread is about the competition between Microsoft and Sony?

I added the word in red to highlight what this thread is really about, how about one official 360 is doomed thread gets made so we don't get so many of these repetitive threads retreading he same ground constantly. 

LMFAO Wait so are you trying to say my intentions for this thread was for flaming? I seriously hope you are joking. Everyone who has been at vgchartz long enough knows Xbox 360 is my favorite system. I was just having a freak out moment is all. X10 should help ease some tension I'm sure.

How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

Bladeforce said:
Microsoft's 360 division is really looking pants compared to the other divisions so much so it stands out out like turd on the path. Microsoft have had price cut after price cut and yet still it doesnt make headway with the bigger videogame companies. The topic is ragrding this fact they DO need to do something FAST unfortunately for microsoft it will have to be with a new console the 360 just cant sell in the numbers to catch up despite being the cheapest out there. The RROD has stubbed their toe a lot but also the fact taht outside of america the rest of the world really do know that american electronic manufacturing is the worst in the world for reliability. 2011 new microsoft console 360 will be left for dead by end of 2011

New console is not even a necessity at this point. I wasn't worried that the Xbox 360 would go the way of the Dodo or nothing. Xbox 360 is actually making profit for Microsoft. My biggest concern was the sudden surge in PS3 sales and X360 losing more and more marketshare plus I feel that Microsoft really needs to step it up and bring in a few more exclusive titles to the system. It's obvious by your post you are simply a X360 hater. Nothing but negativity in your post.

How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

Golly gosh TC is right, at this rate 24,000 units a week lead, 360 will fall to PS3 in as little as 262 weeks!