By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Am I the only one not enjoying Arkham Asylum?

Am I the only one not enjoying Arkham Asylum?

You're crazy! It was awesome! 82 52.56%

It was good. 31 19.87%

It was average. 33 21.15%

It was bad. 10 6.41%

Total:156
Khuutra said:
Kantor said:
What a strange game. In the last three hours of my playing it, it's gone from "average" to "brilliant".

You know, now that I can do something other than kick people from gargoyles.

Welcome to the fold.

Have you yet had to beat up a bunch of dudes in a way that makes The Dark Knight look boring?

There are few experiences in gaming better than beating up 15 bad guys in one combo without taking a hit, and getting a whole bunch of critical strikes.

So yes, I've done that. But no epic rooftop battles with the Joker, or anything like that.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
Kantor said:
Khuutra said:

Welcome to the fold.

Have you yet had to beat up a bunch of dudes in a way that makes The Dark Knight look boring?

There are few experiences in gaming better than beating up 15 bad guys in one combo without taking a hit, and getting a whole bunch of critical strikes.

So yes, I've done that. But no epic rooftop battles with the Joker, or anything like that.

That's fair.

The game is still under the spoiler moratorium, so no details, but.... how are the bosses treating you?

(the one in the sewer was one of my favorites. I did the whole thing having Batman walk super-calmly like the Terminator, except for the chase sequences)

Khuutra said:
Kantor said:
Khuutra said:

Welcome to the fold.

That's fair.

The game is still under the spoiler moratorium, so no details, but.... how are the bosses treating you?

(the one in the sewer was one of my favorites. I did the whole thing having Batman walk super-calmly like the Terminator, except for the chase sequences)

I'm only up to Bane on the bosses side. Funny: I tried like ten times and failed miserably, then I did it with pretty much no difficulty.

Part of that, of course, was when I actually decided to check what button actually did the Quick Batarang which it told me to do every time I died.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
Khuutra said:

That's fair.

I'm only up to Bane on the bosses side. Funny: I tried like ten times and failed miserably, then I did it with pretty much no difficulty.

Part of that, of course, was when I actually decided to check what button actually did the Quick Batarang which it told me to do every time I died.

.....You might want to come back to the Riddler challenges later in the game if it's taking you that long, but if you're still enjoying it at that pace then more power to you.

And yeah, the Quick Batarang is the single most useful tool in boss fights. Remember what I said above for one fight: if you're calm and quick with the QB, you don't even have to stop walking. Don't even have to turn around.