By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 Has Been Hacked!

PS3 Has Been Hacked!

Good: At this point it wi... 53 30.64%

Bad: Software sales will go down 78 45.09%

I'm not sure 42 24.28%

Total:173

So we should just wait and see for ourselfs what will happen. I still think its substantial maybe you are right maybe you are not time will tell.

Look I am not in to this things and I have heard from him and you can see a lot of other people did too. I wonder why you never heard of him.

I dont know what exactly he did I dont care either but what I see is that it spreads in english spanish chinese indian french Russian Japanese it is not nothing for sure.

I know that Sony did a lot to prevent this stuff and I think if he found a solution it will just be without using online like I said before.

We will see it in the coming weeks/months what will happen.

Btw: I am not a kid.

Around the Network

I think people don't read..

(this based off someone that said they hacked it 2 months ago)a model with firmware 1.60 or earlier, and its a 20GB model that is basically extinct.. 99.9% of ps3's are running on a much higher firmware, and are not 20gb models.. so.. this hack IF TRUE really doesn't do anything

mM
rynx said:
Ping_ii said:
So how long would it take me to download the 50gb MGS4?? hmmm now that I think of it 50gb is my cap limit.....=.= piracy.

then try buying a new pc or laptop with a built in blu-ray burner (or seperate which still is expensive) then wait to see how long it'll take to burn. then keep in mind (hope) that w/e this guy came up with is a secure thing because 1 mandatory firmware upgrade can destroy all YOUR hard work as well. this isnt an iphone people. even if he does hack the ps3 its just a matter of how long sony releases a firmware to change all the codes again. then the next step is actually getting games to work on the ps3 which also can be destroyed through 1 firmware.

Lol I said that in all my posts before that a hacked PS3 will lose its online abilities. You should have read my posts. 

I still dont doubt he made what he claim. 

I really hope it's not true, but if it is I'm gonna get lots of free games for my future Slim lol.

@ leo-j thats how it starts this can be solved with a downgrade to the FW the same thing was with the Iphone on the beginnig.

I dont care if its going to be usable I wont use it but he showed its not impossible. The PS3 is not threatened by it because of the other problems: Costs/No Online for hacked PS3s.

Thats why I said pirating wont be as big as on WII or Xbox but someone will do it.

Around the Network

This doesn't have to be bad, guys. This could also lead to an open PS3 WITHOUT an ISO loader.
Imagine what sort of homebrew or emulators could be started on the PS3. That's why I'm excited for it.

Dolphin Emu (Wii) for PS3 anyone?

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

Chances are Sony is going to layeth the banhammer on everyone that they catch with a modded PS3 and pirated games (just like Microsoft does with firmware modded 360 and pirated games) so it's not like this is all that big. Unless you really don't want to use PSN services at all (including no patches, no free DLC. Games this gen are much more buggy so the patches matter IMO. And some of the free DLC out there is very good) Some patches do get leaked by piracy groups (for some 360 games) but that's not the case for all 360 games. Ultimately I think buying or a rental subscription is more worth it (which I'm using now. No more buying games that end up being a dissapointment. I just send back the games that don't work out)

He didn't show anything.. he just posted on a random site saying he hacked it, and that it wasn't impossible.

We don't know if its true or not.

mM
leo-j said:
He didn't show anything.. he just posted on a random site saying he hacked it, and that it wasn't impossible.

We don't know if its true or not.

leo-j in denial lol.

Pretend for a minute that it in fact is true, and that it will lead to a full software hack on all PS3's. So hypothetically, what would be your comment to that scenario?

Silver-Tiger said:
This doesn't have to be bad, guys. This could also lead to an open PS3 WITHOUT an ISO loader.
Imagine what sort of homebrew or emulators could be started on the PS3. That's why I'm excited for it.

Dolphin Emu (Wii) for PS3 anyone?

Dolphin still has a long ways to go before it's a competent Gamecube emulator, let alone Wii emulator. It will play some Wii games perfectly with the right settings though. There's also spec recommendations for specific games (some games are more demanding than others). And let's be honest here. If we don't have full Wii compatibility yet with all these advanced PC rigs, how are we going to obtain it with hardware that is much inferior to high-end PCs (PS3)? Even if you take into account that homebrew apps on the PS3 would be more optimized than PC equivalent apps (since you can get more out of programming for one piece of hardware specifically ather than trying to program for millions of different possible PC hardware and software setups). Historically, a console has never beat a PC to the punch when it comes to emulation unless the emulator is developed by a first-party (ie. Xbox 360 uses emulation to get Xbox 1 games to work but on the PC, Xbox emulation is either non-existant or very limited to my knowledge).