By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 Has Been Hacked!

PS3 Has Been Hacked!

Good: At this point it wi... 53 30.64%

Bad: Software sales will go down 78 45.09%

I'm not sure 42 24.28%

Total:173

There is little doubt that this is real; geohot is not some random faker looking for short-lived internet stardom.

"Well certainly with the Xbox 360, we had some challenges at the launch. Once we identified that we took control of it. We wanted to do it right by our customers. Our customers are very important to us." -Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb (10/2013). Note: RRoD was fixed with the Jasper-revision 3 years after the launch of 360

"People don't pay attention to a lot of the details."-Yusuf Mehdi explaining why Xbone DRM scheme would succeed

"Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity; it's called Xbox 360,”-Don Mattrick

"The region locking of the 3DS wasn't done for profits on games"-MDMAlliance

Around the Network

BD recordable discs have actually dropped considerably since the format debuted. They went from like $20-25 for 25GB media to about $3-5 if you buy them by the spool.

Frankly, I'm not even sure I see the point at this stage since the system has so many security checks implemented, you'd probably be restricted to keeping the console offline after installing any sort of bypass measures to run pirated software.

As for the why bother; because it represents a three year problem than nobody has been able to solve. That's the only motivation a lot of crackers need. Unfortunately, it's typically a bunch of other guys who try to use that solution for financial gain or to just get something for nothing.

If it's really hacked.... ps3 sales will skyrocket

Meh no proof so

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Geohot did this ? Its true he hacked that thing ? He was always some kind of miracle. I remember beeing in that Iphone forum I had my Iphone from the US but it was not possible to run it with european sim cards and everybody tried to hack that thing but nobody did it and he made it happen TWICE first time for the first FW and then for the second. And now the PS3 ? Wow I thought this would be impossible but he is really a genious.

Around the Network

There is no real proof, most of these rants often turn out to be false, the PS3 has turned out to be a behemoth when it comes to hacking it, besides we don't need piracy, stay away!!

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

I would never crack my PS3. The Iphone was another thing it wasnt out in Europe and I wanted to use it here. And I havent pirated something normally every phone is able to take all sim cards but the Iphone didnt even had the standard Ipod functionality without cracking it.

To use a cracked PS3 is stupid because they can block you anytime from PSN.

I still think piracy wont be a big issue because of Bluray but it will definetly help to sell Bluray burners and blank Blurays.

But this guy is just a genious no hacker on this planet was able to do it but he was.
If he says It I believe him 100%. But it wont work with online functionality because Sony wants a Firmware update before you go online. And they would close the problem. So a hacked PS3 will lose its online functionality forever. I dont think a lot of people will go that way.

It doesn't really matter, the game industry will still grow, even with piracy so far.

That's Gordon Freeman in "Real-Life"

I really hope this isn't fake.

I hope it's fake. Piracy won't help the PS3 at all... HW isn't profitable.

4 ≈ One