By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Big release day: Jan 26th, what will you be buying?

Big release day: Jan 26th, what will you be buying?

Tatsunoko vs Capcom 21 18.92%

Mass Effect 2 36 32.43%

No More Heroes 2 23 20.72%

M.A.G. : Massive Action Game 31 27.93%

Total:111

I've preorders for Tatsunoko and No More Heroes. I don't have a 360 so no Mass Effect for me and I don't like shooters so no MAG for me.

Around the Network

Buying MAG for PS3 and ME2 for PC.

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom upon release. NMH 2 and ME 2 later in the year.

1st Week Predictions:

TvsC: 55K

ME 2: 520K

NMH 2: 45K

M.A.G.: 275K

360 Games Now Playing   360 Games unopened:  Resonance of Fate  Last 360 Game I Beat: Resident Evil 5

DS Games Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI  DS Games unopened Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey III, Okamiden, Dragon Quest IX Last DS Game I beat: Radiant Historia

Wii Games Now Playing  Super Mario Galaxy 2, Arc Rise Fantasia  Wii  Games unopened  Little King's Story, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill Shattered Memories Last Wii Game I beat: Sin & Punishment 2

BladeOfGod said:
what the hell is Tatsunoko vs Capcom?

reason why capcom will port tatsunoko vs capcom to xbl and psn as much as they'll try to deny. there's barely any core gamers on the wii let alone people who will know anything about old japanese cartoons (later brought to the U.S but i doubt any casual wii gamer saw them). remember these are casual people gaming and anime will be new to  maybe 70% of them. core games should be put in core systems and i gaurantee it'll sell more on said services.

Tayne said:
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom upon release. NMH 2 and ME 2 later in the year.

1st Week Predictions:

TvsC: 55K

ME 2: 520K

NMH 2: 45K

M.A.G.: 275K

I think that only US has this number as preorders for MAG, it should do more. Also ME2 could be close to million or a little over if you count both ME2 and PC versions.

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

Around the Network

I need to find a way to buy Mass Effect 2.

MAG looks unoriginal, I don't like fighting games and I'll wait for NMH2 once it is 19,99$.

I'm going with Mass Effect 2. That game will have my life for a bit.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

MaxwellGT2000 said:

As the title suggests, a big release day for January, what will you be buying?  Odd to have a big release week in January like this, but will be a lot of fun.  You could predict first weeks sales for each too, will be interesting how a post Holiday release will turn out.

For me personally I'm picking up both TvC and NMH2 first day, ME2 will wait till I beat the original (picked it up on Steam during one of the holiday deals), and I played the MAG beta which kinda turned me off from the game :

First week sales

TvC : 80k

ME2 : 1 million

NMH2 : (really no idea so I'm guessing in line with NMH1) 35k

M.A.G. : 500k

No chance that MAG will sell 500k first week. More like 250K, which is still quite decent.

Mass Effect 2 I'd think 700K.

Slimebeast said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:

As the title suggests, a big release day for January, what will you be buying?  Odd to have a big release week in January like this, but will be a lot of fun.  You could predict first weeks sales for each too, will be interesting how a post Holiday release will turn out.

For me personally I'm picking up both TvC and NMH2 first day, ME2 will wait till I beat the original (picked it up on Steam during one of the holiday deals), and I played the MAG beta which kinda turned me off from the game :

First week sales

TvC : 80k

ME2 : 1 million

NMH2 : (really no idea so I'm guessing in line with NMH1) 35k

M.A.G. : 500k

No chance that MAG will sell 500k first week. More like 250K, which is still quite decent.

Mass Effect 2 I'd think 700K.

But MAG already has like 220k pre-orders in America.

So I'd say 260k in NA and 100k in Others.

M.A.G will do 350k or maybe 400k but not 500k.

ME2 will do 700k-800k