By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The IGN hate is really annoying

I really like a lot of IGN's written reviews, though they do piss me off when they mark down a JRPG for random battles and spend a paragraph writing about how out of touch it is. That bugs me, some of us like the nostalgia of it. Overall their reviews have served me well, so I go there for reviews, and Babe of the Day.

Around the Network
Chrizum said:
naznatips said:
Chrizum said:
naznatips said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
11ht11 said:

I cant go into any thread without seeing anti IGN post. Its annoying and pointless.

seriously, can site bashing be against the rules?

I wouldn't be surprsied if something like this was around the corner.

As it is you already can't say anything bad about any console without getting banned for trolling. 

You're welcome to your opinions as long as you don't share them.

We don't ban people for any of that, but your attitude certainly makes me wish we had some forum rules to get rid of you...

Ouch. Isn't that a personal attack to Words of Wisdom? Isn't that like, a violation of the rules? Or don't they apply on admins?

I don't like him. I don't like you either. I very much hate you, in fact, but that's not a personal attack. I in no way insulted you or WoW. I simply dislike you as people. As I'm sure you do me (I believe you told me that once a year or so ago), which is cool with me.

What the... where's this coming from in all of a sudden? Trust me, I couldn't care less if a random guy on the internet hates me, but I can't remember ever having a fight with you. You sure you're not confusing me with someone? (if not then that's all fine ofcourse).

lol I hate you too

j/k

Yeah people are real hypocrites

When IGN gives an exclusive game a low rating: I f**king hate IGN they f**king suck ass they're biased and gay

When IGN gives an exclusive game a good rating: Hey this game must be awesome IGN gave it a great review! I love IGN.

Its really funny reading the IGN hate/love depending on what they say.

Chairman-Mao said:

When IGN gives an exclusive game a low rating: I f**king hate IGN they f**king suck ass they're biased and gay

When IGN gives an exclusive game a good rating: Hey this game must be awesome IGN gave it a great review! I love IGN.

i concur

naznatips said:
Chrizum said:
naznatips said:
Chrizum said:
naznatips said:

We don't ban people for any of that, but your attitude certainly makes me wish we had some forum rules to get rid of you...

Ouch. Isn't that a personal attack to Words of Wisdom? Isn't that like, a violation of the rules? Or don't they apply on admins?

I don't like him. I don't like you either. I very much hate you, in fact, but that's not a personal attack. I in no way insulted you or WoW. I simply dislike you as people. As I'm sure you do me (I believe you told me that once a year or so ago), which is cool with me.

What the... where's this coming from in all of a sudden? Trust me, I couldn't care less if a random guy on the internet hates me, but I can't remember ever having a fight with you. You sure you're not confusing me with someone? (if not then that's all fine ofcourse).

No, I'm pretty sure it was you. I don't feel like digging through the mailbox but I warned/banned you for something a while back before we had the moderation history system. You responded with message complaining about the ban and promptly told me you hated me. Which again, I really don't mind, obviously.

Alright. Let's hate eachother for something that happened but we both can't quite remember what it was, then.

Around the Network
naznatips said:
Chrizum said:
naznatips said:
Chrizum said:
naznatips said:

No, I'm pretty sure it was you. I don't feel like digging through the mailbox but I warned/banned you for something a while back before we had the moderation history system. You responded with message complaining about the ban and promptly told me you hated me. Which again, I really don't mind, obviously.

Oh yea, well I hate you!  Why? Cause...I can never be sure how to pronounce your name.  Also, I wish I had thought of a Phoenix Wright avatar and now I'm jealous.

I'm not loving IGN for the high reviews. I still think they are dicks, and might even be giving the games good reviews because a) cell shaded Wii games are "allowed" to be good for many reviewers on several sites (see the first NMH and Madworld), or b) they are desperately trying to make up for the lost viewers over their hate articles and podcasts.

Two good reviews don't make up for those.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

"Alright. Let's hate eachother for something that happened but we both can't quite remember what it was, then."

There was a Deep Space Nine episode with clans not remembering the source of their fued.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Chairman-Mao said:

LOL! Good point. Yes they can either be the biggest asshats on the planet that know nothing, or the ultimate authority on gaming in the universe. Funny stuff!

naznatips said:
Chrizum said:
naznatips said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
11ht11 said:

I cant go into any thread without seeing anti IGN post. Its annoying and pointless.

seriously, can site bashing be against the rules?

I wouldn't be surprsied if something like this was around the corner.

As it is you already can't say anything bad about any console without getting banned for trolling. 

You're welcome to your opinions as long as you don't share them.

Giving free hugs to any admin who needs them.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D