By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The IGN hate is really annoying

Words Of Wisdom said:
11ht11 said:

I cant go into any thread without seeing anti IGN post. Its annoying and pointless.

seriously, can site bashing be against the rules?

I wouldn't be surprsied if something like this was around the corner.

As it is you already can't say anything bad about any console without getting banned for trolling. 

You're welcome to your opinions as long as you don't share them.

We don't ban people for any of that, but your attitude certainly makes me wish we had some forum rules to get rid of you...

Around the Network

It seems if you don't like something these days you are automatically labelled a hater.

I no longer like IGN, having visited their site and the site's predecessors for something like ten years but they no longer have enough content on a regular basis for me to justify visiting their site. For my mind they have lost touch with the core values of the fans they supposedly service which wouldn't matter if they weren't still held aloft by some people as the bastion of gaming journalism and reviewing credibility.

Perhaps in this era of divided gaming values it is impossible for a single gaming site to service and satisfy all gaming fans in just too hard and IGN have made the decision to stick with the core values with which they are comfortable and you can't blame them for that.

I have no doubt that some people just don't like that IGN has given certain Wii games low scores but don't assume that everyone who doesn't like IGN is simply a hater.

naznatips said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
11ht11 said:

I cant go into any thread without seeing anti IGN post. Its annoying and pointless.

As it is you already can't say anything bad about any console without getting banned for trolling. 

We don't ban people for any of that, but your attitude certainly makes me wish we had some forum rules to get rid of you...

Ouch. Isn't that a personal attack to Words of Wisdom? Isn't that like, a violation of the rules? Or don't they apply to admins?

Chrizum said:
naznatips said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
11ht11 said:

Ouch. Isn't that a personal attack to Words of Wisdom? Isn't that like, a violation of the rules? Or don't they apply on admins?

I don't like him. I don't like you either. I very much hate you, in fact, but that's not a personal attack. I in no way insulted you or WoW. I simply dislike you as people. As I'm sure you do me (I believe you told me that once a year or so ago), which is cool with me.

The hate against IGN is mislabeled. Most of that is hate against one or a few bad apples, not necessarily against the institution himself. Bozon and Harris certainly seem equitable, and Matt C *can* (keyword) be in a good way. Honestly don't entirely understand that guy

Often we will declare "site x sucks!" when we're really commenting on certain specific authors. We can talk about Joystiq trolling the Wii, when we really just mean James Ransom-Wiley, for example.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

It's not expression one's opinions. It's being an asshole about one's opinions and acting as though anyone who doesn't share them is wrong.

This is what is pissing us off about IGN.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

naznatips said:
Chrizum said:
naznatips said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
11ht11 said:

Ouch. Isn't that a personal attack to Words of Wisdom? Isn't that like, a violation of the rules? Or don't they apply on admins?

I don't like him. I don't like you either. I very much hate you, in fact, but that's not a personal attack. I in no way insulted you or WoW. I simply dislike you as people. As I'm sure you do me (I believe you told me that once a year or so ago), which is cool with me.

What the... where's this coming from in all of a sudden? Trust me, I couldn't care less if a random guy on the internet hates me, but I can't remember ever having a fight with you. You sure you're not confusing me with someone? (if not then that's all fine ofcourse).

Mr Khan said:

The hate against IGN is mislabeled. Most of that is hate against one or a few bad apples, not necessarily against the institution himself. Bozon and Harris certainly seem equitable, and Matt C *can* (keyword) be in a good way. Honestly don't entirely understand that guy

Often we will declare "site x sucks!" when we're really commenting on certain specific authors. We can talk about Joystiq trolling the Wii, when we really just mean James Ransom-Wiley, for example.

It is so much easier hating a whole site then hating just one writer. Say it would be easier for me to say that I hate, and ignore VGChartz. Then just saying i hate/ignore Nicholas Ravasi

(j/k Zexen)

Mr Khan said:

i actually do not like Bozon as a reviewer, i find him to take fun as the main source for reviewing a game...like if the game is fun he will give the game a high score...but thats just me

OT:it just so happens that the wii is the best selling console this gen with the best selling games, so if the best selling games happen to get bad scores then they are bashed, so it makes sense

Chrizum said:
naznatips said:
Chrizum said:
naznatips said:

What the... where's this coming from in all of a sudden? Trust me, I couldn't care less if a random guy on the internet hates me, but I can't remember ever having a fight with you. You sure you're not confusing me with someone? (if not then that's all fine ofcourse).

No, I'm pretty sure it was you. I don't feel like digging through the mailbox but I warned/banned you for something a while back before we had the moderation history system. You responded with message complaining about the ban and promptly told me you hated me. Which again, I really don't mind, obviously.