By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Natal lag issues will hurt game development

Well nathal is awesome technology is just think is in the wrong business. I would be awesome if I could control all the electronics in my house with it. Ps ARK or wutever looks more promising since for gaming it looks to be potential with many different genres for now though. I will still advise ppl to wait to before getting maybe at least a couple of weeks to see some reviews

Around the Network
richardhutnik said:
CommonMan said:
I don't care, I'm still buying it. I will control my dashboard like Minority Report, play some awesome RTS on a console finally, maybe they'll update the Magic: The Gathering game to work with your own cards too, so many awesome applications if only it's done right! Oh and please port Myst to the Xbox 360 for Natal, that would be amazing!

I suggest you may want to wait on it, if you are expecting RTS to suddenly show up.  I had learned my lesson with the DS.  I bought it hoping I would get Punch Out and also RTS on it, and they didn't show up.  I thought the PSP also would have mouse support, and do RTS portably also, but it didn't do that either.  One should always wait to see how things actually work, before being a lock to spend money on them.

True... plus, MS hasn't shown any pointer functionality with Natal, so RTS might not even work (at least not with pointing if that's what you guys were thinking).

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Obviously you've never seen Gamer before. Of your course your going to have lag. The only way to compensate for the lag, is having the person being controlled pull the trigger.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

Bah! We've already had motion controllers, gun controllers, dance pads, golf mats, balance boards, etc... I think these controllers will just usher in Wii casual game ports to the HD systems. I am sure that these controllers can be used to enhance your typical game (just like the sixaxis has been used in some PS3 games), but I doubt most games will use them as their main controllers.

We have already had controller-less games (Eye of Judgment, Aquatopia, Eye Pet), and they haven't exactly caused a revolution in gaming.

Personally, I would have been more excited if Sony or Microsoft announced a mouse controller.

lol.. peripherals like this always seem to get negative critisim... Like Wii balance board calling some girl fat when she really wasn't, and she believed it...

How will Natal treat people that are missing limbs?, or, what if someone's wearing very baggy pants, and natal mistakes it for a single limb... What if you're wearing a dress?... lol. I bet Sony will have problems with little 3 year olds thinking the Arc is a shiny lolly and try to eat it..

There's are just a few more issues I could see the thing having... seeing as how it is a machine, after all, and lacks common since. It creating a 3D skeleton for the players is fantastic, but, I bet everyone was specifically instructed to wear tight pants so that the system had no problems mapping the players.. I can't see this going well for every single last person unless they are specifically instructed to change clothes so that the system can do a proper mapping, and then the person changes back to whatever it was they had on.

Also, why does everyone complain about the "no resistance" thing? Need a wheel? The Wii driving wheel thing with work with Natal.... You wont even have to turn it on.. XD I bet it will.... You can just... use your imagination if needed... although I could never see a game like Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 working on Natal..... Left body for light attacks, and right side of body for heavy?

"Oops, I kicked my shoe out the window!"
"WTF, dude?!"
"Sorry...."

Around the Network
NJ5 said:
richardhutnik said:
CommonMan said:
I don't care, I'm still buying it. I will control my dashboard like Minority Report, play some awesome RTS on a console finally, maybe they'll update the Magic: The Gathering game to work with your own cards too, so many awesome applications if only it's done right! Oh and please port Myst to the Xbox 360 for Natal, that would be amazing!

I suggest you may want to wait on it, if you are expecting RTS to suddenly show up.  I had learned my lesson with the DS.  I bought it hoping I would get Punch Out and also RTS on it, and they didn't show up.  I thought the PSP also would have mouse support, and do RTS portably also, but it didn't do that either.  One should always wait to see how things actually work, before being a lock to spend money on them.

True... plus, MS hasn't shown any pointer functionality with Natal, so RTS might not even work (at least not with pointing if that's what you guys were thinking).

It is easy to have a pointer with Natal.  Do you recall the link that I gave you to the TVs that have similar functionality as Natal?  The guy was typing on a virtual keyboard onscreen.  It will be quite simple to do that with Natal.  I imagine the resolution available to Natal would be at least the same or greater than what was shown there as well.

nojustno said:
Pipedream24 said:
nojustno said:
ghaleon1980 said:
So much PS3 fanboyism it's nauseating....hooray for vgchartz!

heh so im not the only one who thinks this way ;)

The forums here used to contain great discussions and provided decent insight from the players perspective.  Lately, there has been so much trolling and overall negativity of anything not Sony related by some select users that have degraded these forums greatly.  This thread was created with the sole intent of downplaying a Microsoft product, in the Microsoft forums, by someone who doesn't even own a 360.  Why can't people just enjoy the systems they own? 

If you want to have an online pow-wow of how your system of choice is the "best" this generation, by all means do it in the appropriate forum.  Let the other system users have their place to discuss their favorite system as well.

OT

I think Natal can open up some exciting possibilities for games.  I think when used in combination with the 360 controller some amazing things can be done.  I keep picturing the scene in Minority Report were Tom Cruise is manipulating his computer with his hands.  Or throwing a greneade in a game by making the motion. 

well said man!

What! I say the same thing and everyone has a go at me

^^Because your avatar has a mustache. Nobody trusts mustaches.

gustave154 said:
Natal could end up as a big flop or a huge success. I think its gonna be a huge success or a big flop,

Fixed

The forums here used to contain great discussions and provided decent insight from the players perspective.  Lately, there has been so much trolling and overall negativity of anything not Sony related by some select users that have degraded these forums greatly.  This thread was created with the sole intent of downplaying a Microsoft product, in the Microsoft forums, by someone who doesn't even own a 360.  Why can't people just enjoy the systems they own? 

If you want to have an online pow-wow of how your system of choice is the "best" this generation, by all means do it in the appropriate forum.  Let the other system users have their place to discuss their favorite system as well.

OT

I think Natal can open up some exciting possibilities for games.  I think when used in combination with the 360 controller some amazing things can be done.  I keep picturing the scene in Minority Report were Tom Cruise is manipulating his computer with his hands.  Or throwing a greneade in a game by making the motion. 

Try not to forget that this goes 3 ways...