By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Natal lag issues will hurt game development

nojustno said:
ghaleon1980 said:
So much PS3 fanboyism it's nauseating....hooray for vgchartz!

heh so im not the only one who thinks this way ;)

Not at all, I come across plenty of negative stories related to the PS3 but I don't bother to post them because it doesnt concern me. But PS3 owners on VGChartz such as that Sollid Snake guy always seem to post negative news articles related to the 360. On any other forum things seem rather balanced but here... not so much.

Around the Network

hmmmm......... funny how both ps3 and 360 fanboys bash the hell out of the wii for being to casual due to motion sensing, but when they get their own motion sensing controller its not a casual gimmick? but the ps360 fanboys excuse is "but teh natalz and ps wandz hardcore" oh really?

so waving my arms infront of a camera with no controller talking to a 12 year old boy or waving a black dildo is hardcore?

This forum needs Gaf level modding. There I said it. They may be tough, but threads are rarely derailed and discussions are productive for the most part. Here, you get like 1 thread out of 5 that are actually discussable in a productive manner. Unfortunately, even the good threads here usually derail within 10-20 posts. It is really tiresome.

I'm buying Natal for my 4 year old. Even if I only get that ball kicking game, he will love it. It will be easier for him to use than a 2-segment controller and he will enjoy the added activity with having to kick or swat the air.

Other than that, I will wait to see what it offers game-wise. I still think all of the emoting in Fable 3 will be Natal controlled ie. blow a kiss to the camera to get the character to blow a kiss etc. It just makes sense. Outside of that, I'm not sure how it would be as a game controller.

"Man is born free but is everywhere in chains" - Rousseau

Natal could end up as a big flop or a huge success. I think its gonna be a huge success.

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

Kodu said they will have the input lag down to around 100ms. This is comparable to many games that use controllers.

Around the Network

PS3 Arc seems like an enhancement to the Wiimote, I think is will be easier to adapt to existing games and ports of Wii games. IMO, the Arc will be better for "hardcore games" than Natal.

Natal is something entirely new. It's technology will not work for many types of games, but I am more interested to see what developers come up with for Natal. It does still needs that one killer app to catch on, and I have not seen it yet. (Like WiiSports was for the Wii)

WiiStation360 said:
PS3 Arc seems like an enhancement to the Wiimote, I think is will be easier to adapt to existing games and ports of Wii games.

^ Only if it has an analog stick...

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

dirkd2323 said:
Don't care about Natal, but excited about the PS Arc

Not sure who cares about what dirk wrote here.  On the plus side, it did result in a ban.

tensen1212 said:
hmmmm......... funny how both ps3 and 360 fanboys bash the hell out of the wii for being to casual due to motion sensing, but when they get their own motion sensing controller its not a casual gimmick? but the ps360 fanboys excuse is "but teh natalz and ps wandz hardcore" oh really?

so waving my arms infront of a camera with no controller talking to a 12 year old boy or waving a black dildo is hardcore?

I think that the bashing of Wii being casual had stuff to do with the lack of high def graphics and the games for it.  Bashing of motion control seems to have generally been about the need to get up and move, and what looks like people being lazy to me.  Some individuals only want to move their fingers... and they expect the rest of the world to follow suit.

In regards to the lag issue, I have to wonder if the issue had to do with it being that the mapping wasn't one for one.  Or, is it that motion control is naturally slower than hitting a button.  The article seems to hint that motion control is naturally slower.

CommonMan said:
I don't care, I'm still buying it. I will control my dashboard like Minority Report, play some awesome RTS on a console finally, maybe they'll update the Magic: The Gathering game to work with your own cards too, so many awesome applications if only it's done right! Oh and please port Myst to the Xbox 360 for Natal, that would be amazing!

I suggest you may want to wait on it, if you are expecting RTS to suddenly show up.  I had learned my lesson with the DS.  I bought it hoping I would get Punch Out and also RTS on it, and they didn't show up.  I thought the PSP also would have mouse support, and do RTS portably also, but it didn't do that either.  One should always wait to see how things actually work, before being a lock to spend money on them.