By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rockstar: L.A. Noire reveal coming “next month”

STEKSTAV said:
I still think that the exclusivity deal and funds. Aswell as reports of a PS3 release and the fact that its been somewhat recognized as a PS3 exclusive etc. Should indicate that its coming to the PS3. More so than any of the info about the 360 version which has all been interpretations of what people have said.

This is more or less addressed to me, so I'll answer. I don't actually think this isn't coming out on the PS3. I'm fairly certain it is. I'm also fairly certain it's coming out for the 360. I know this because it's pretty much common sense at this point, based on the clues we've acquired over the years and the Take Two's trend of most every game being multiplatform. I merely played that "never announced for PS3" card to prove a point, which was well received and understood. 

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

So is this thread going to get locked because of this?

Onyxmeth said:
STEKSTAV said:
I still think that the exclusivity deal and funds. Aswell as reports of a PS3 release and the fact that its been somewhat recognized as a PS3 exclusive etc. Should indicate that its coming to the PS3. More so than any of the info about the 360 version which has all been interpretations of what people have said.

This is more or less addressed to me, so I'll answer. I don't actually think this isn't coming out on the PS3. I'm fairly certain it is. I'm also fairly certain it's coming out for the 360. I know this because it's pretty much common sense at this point, based on the clues we've acquired over the years and the Take Two's trend of most every game being multiplatform. I merely played that "never announced for PS3" card to prove a point, which was well received and understood. 

Those are my words, just in a different shape and form.

The only thing i "disagree" with, is the never announced part to "prove" that the PS3 and 360 sits at equal terms of where the game will end up. I think the PS3 has more "confirmation" that it will be a PS3 title, more so than what the 360 has. And that's why i think its "more correct" to assume that is a PS3 title first, with a rumored 360 version.

But all in all i don't really care all that much were it ends up. Aslong as it get released, because it seems to be a very good title.

jesus kung fu magic said:

Ok im just about to shut all of you guys up...

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2007/07/new-rockstar-games-franchise-exclusive-to-the-ps3/

" .....harnessing the power of CELL and Blu-ray disc and this deal lets them do just that.. This is really a win-win situation for both companies. As Jack mentioned in the interview with Geoff, this franchise is not LA Noire, but something all new."

This is from the sony official blog written by the director of 3rd party relations of SCEA.....please keep quiet now.

At what point does that quote say, CONCRETE, clearly, without evading the question: "LA Noire will be a PS3-360 multiplat"? I don't see it.

To quote Eurogamer:

"It's not clear whether the game is still a PlayStation 3 exclusive, with Rockstar evading that part of the question in the website Q&A."

So basically, we have no idea whether it's exclusive or multiplat. Multiplat is more likely, but we don't know.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Vetteman94 said:

Because of what?

Around the Network
Kennyheart said:
Vetteman94 said:

Because of what?

Well because of the fact it could be multiplatform game. 

Vetteman94 said:
Kennyheart said:
Vetteman94 said:

Because of what?

But's it hasen't been so it's a exclusive.

Kennyheart said:
Vetteman94 said:
Kennyheart said:
Vetteman94 said:

Because of what?

Well all of the information presented so far doesnt prove that it is exclusive or multiplat. So you cant say definitively one way or the other which it is.

Vetteman94 said:
Kennyheart said:
Vetteman94 said:
Kennyheart said:
Vetteman94 said:

Because of what?

Well all of the information presented so far doesnt prove that it is exclusive or multiplat. So you cant say definitively one way or the other which it is.

funny how this works. In one thread we have an obscure post on a capcom page that doesnt give any infor on the game but has the name microsoft in it and its automatically exclusive. In this thread there are numerous links saying sony is fully funding the game as part of a long term exclusivity deal but its automatically multi.

letsdance said:
Vetteman94 said:
Kennyheart said:
Vetteman94 said:
Kennyheart said:
Vetteman94 said:

Because of what?

funny how this works. In one thread we have an obscure post on a capcom page that doesnt give any infor on the game but has the name microsoft in it and its automatically exclusive. In this thread there are numerous links saying sony is fully funding the game as part of a long term exclusivity deal but its automatically multi.

For one, you got me all wrong.  I think this game is going to be exclusive, everything I have ever heard has said it will be.  The only port I expect it to have may be a PC port, and thats a maybe since Sony was at one time funding this project.  But that it.   The main reason why I brought this up was to see if it was going to get locked,  if it did then I was going to lobby to have all Splinter Cell Conviction and Mass Effect 2 threads in the Microsoft section locked since those games are multiplatform with PC and should be listed under the Gaming Section. Cause its only fair, right?  They should be anyway but sometimes I just dont care.