By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 JRPG JAN 28 BATTLE

why all in one day! they could've easily done one good game a month keep the hardware sales balanced...

Around the Network
jarrod said:
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
jarrod said:
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
jarrod said:
The one that actually deserves it: Dragon Quest VI. ;)

off topic

You don't think DQVI will have any potential impact?  I'm not so sure myself, I think it could really go either way...

look the thread title it is for the 3 jrpgs releasing jan 28 in japan for PS3 not 360 or DS

My point is though, these games aren't releasing in a vacuum.  They're releasing against the top RPG brand on the top platform, that might be having just a teensy effect...

NOT AT ALL if someone owns a ps3 he/she will buy a ps3 game because he owns a ps3 and not a DS(even if everyone owns it) IF DQ6 was on ps3 then it would have overshadowed ALL 3 but it is on DS

kunaixhaku said:
why all in one day! they could've easily done one good game a month keep the hardware sales balanced...

Let me give you some hints FF13 still sells so no-one developers wanted to challenge 13 in a period of month + after the 28 jan week it comes SO4 which is also expected to sell a lot so this is called sandwich

ps3_j rpg_gamer said:
jarrod said:
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
jarrod said:
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
jarrod said:
The one that actually deserves it: Dragon Quest VI. ;)

off topic

You don't think DQVI will have any potential impact?  I'm not so sure myself, I think it could really go either way...

look the thread title it is for the 3 jrpgs releasing jan 28 in japan for PS3 not 360 or DS

My point is though, these games aren't releasing in a vacuum.  They're releasing against the top RPG brand on the top platform, that might be having just a teensy effect...

NOT AT ALL if someone owns a ps3 he/she will buy a ps3 game because he owns a ps3 and not a DS(even if everyone owns it) IF DQ6 was on ps3 then it would have overshadowed ALL 3 but it is on DS

I thought the same with FFXIII and Tales of Graces... the reality of the market seems to have turned out differently though.  That's why I'm a little apprehensive.

Also, pretty much everyone who plays RPGs likely has a DS in Japan.  It'd be like being an RPG fan and not having a SFC or PS2 back in the day.

Hey Jarrod...Stay on topic or beat it ok?.. EoE > AT3 > LR

Around the Network

First Week

- End of Eternity --- 95.000
- Ar tonelico III: Sekai Shuuen no Hikigane wa Shoujo no Uta ga Hajiku --- 30.000
- Last Rebellion --- 15.000

ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
kunaixhaku said:

Let me give you some hints FF13 still sells so no-one developers wanted to challenge 13 in a period of month + after the 28 jan week it comes SO4 which is also expected to sell a lot so this is called sandwich

I actually don't think SO4 PS3 is going to do that well.  The game's word of mouth is awful (similar to Trusty Bell), and it's not really getting that much in terms of new content for the double dippers... at best I think it'll be a little more than even with the 360 release (say around 20-50k more) rather than a blowout like Vesperia was (well over 100k more than the 360 rev).

Xxain said:
Hey Jarrod...Stay on topic or beat it ok?.. EoE > AT3 > LR

It's a sales topic.  I'm just bringing in all relevant variables here, I'm surprised some just seem to not want want to hear it?

People should start giving numbers, because any moron can see the order.

jarrod said:
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
kunaixhaku said:

I actually don't think SO4 PS3 is going to do that well.  The game's word of mouth is awful (similar to Trusty Bell), and it's not really getting that much in terms of new content for the double dippers... at best I think it'll be a little more than even with the 360 release (say around 20-50k more) rather than a blowout like Vesperia was (well over 100k more than the 360 rev).

SO4 has the best-selling jp opening week on xbox brand  platform since its creation in japan so you say that it will sell 200k first week which is huge something that those 3 won 't do

ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
jarrod said:
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
kunaixhaku said:

SO4 has the best-selling jp opening week on xbox brand  platform since its creation in japan so you say that it will sell 200k first week which is huge something that those 3 won 't do

I'm not saying 200k+ first week, I'm saying around that lifetime (though it'll probably end up around 250k).  It had a HUGE 360 opening, but the game is pretty much hated by even tri-Ace fans and it plummeted after.  It's like the anti-Vesperia.