By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - JP HW SW up !!!!

I'm surprised by the PS3 HW number falling pretty big this week as it was holding up pretty well compared to the Wii since the end of the holdiay season.

Anyway, NSMBW is just killing and almost singlehandedly carrying the Wii into strong Q1 numbers in Japan. FF13 falling fast as expected/feared. But as pointed out in this thread, PS3 has a strong SW week coming up and I thing several other as well after that. Wii, on the other hand, has a very queit release schedule coming up...

Will be great to see these 2 battle it out in 2010.

Elaine: I will never understand people

Jerry: They're the worst.

Around the Network
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
ECC said:
i feel bad for the 360 because Natal wont launch for atleast 8 months . also i dont think they have any games that will really move hardware until Reach.

since Halo is big in JP ?

I'm sure he meant world wide, 360 may drop to the low 100ks and potentially under 100k world wide if trends continue.. Americas may be the only region that can keep it at a competitive level IN MY OPINION/PREDICTION. It has been $199 for over a year, and its potential market is starting to shrink.

mM

too bad the xbox360 is full of shooters, i dont like fps at all , thats y i bought the ps3 and wont buy a 360

Japan is up now and it seems very odd to see the 360 lower than the psp. Good Job Nintendo and Sony, this year could be their best sales year if this trend continues into the 2010 Christmas holiday season.

Steve_Fox said:
too bad the xbox360 is full of shooters, i dont like fps at all , thats y i bought the ps3 and wont buy a 360

Awesome post! Welcome to the site, we've been a little short on trolls lately.

Around the Network

I'm hoping Ar tonelico gets as good, or even better sales than Gusts last Ps3 game, Atelier Rorona, did.

Love Mir Forever!!
PROUD MEMBER OF THE  PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB
My Favorite Jrpg Series: Ar Tonelico, Lunar, Tales of, Star Ocean, Final Fantasy, Atelier/Mana Khemia, Suikoden, Grandia, Wild arms, and Disgaea.

CommonMan said:
Steve_Fox said:

I lol'd

Japan is doing good this year, still up by about 30k or so on same period last year. If this continues then has a very good chance to banish the shit sales last year!

CommonMan said:
Steve_Fox said:

lol.

OT while the 360 is not just full of shooters it is full of woe in Japan.  Pity really as MS put in a lot of effort.  But I think they're going to concentrate on home ground for a while, particularly as they gear up around Reach and Natal, and I can't say I blame them.  I doubt Natal will help much either as the Wii is already entrenched, as is the PS3 now, and the PS3 will have its own motion controls by then (probably) to hold off Natal.

Speaking of which, PS3 is looking solid now, and with a fairly steady stream of titles I think it's safe to say steady performance with some nice boosts for each major title is a given.

PSP still looking great for Japan.  It really is like a Japan centric handheld now, with US looking dead and Others weak.

Wii solid and held aloft by a certain title nicely.  I am always dissapointed at the gulf between the Wii's 'sure thing' titles and some of the other interesting stuff released that often pales by comparison, but I doubt Nintendo are complaining that much.

DS still 'the one' for the region overall.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

CommonMan said:
Steve_Fox said:

hahaah so thats trollin  , but i just said what i think of the xbox360 , most  360 exclusives are fps, i know theres alot of ppl who like fps