By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Any place for intelligent discussion?

These forums seem to be infested with uneducated kids that flood every decent conversation, discussion, or debate about the industry with their pointless defensive fanboy drivel. However there seems to be a small lot of people scattered through out the forums that seemed to genuinely be interested in learning about the business side of the industry or already have some knowledge about it, but any discussion they try to have is usually quickly derailed. I was wondering if there are any other forums or an invite only VIP type section that can be created for people that want to really discuss business strategies or industry trends without turning it into a "defend my favorite console" free-for-all. Is this at all possible? 

Around the Network

We could if possible have like groups where someone creates it and invites people and they have a forum which is only viewable to them.

We had a secret forum... invite only... but it was taken down.. but you can still find the threads if you now what you are looking for ...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Theres an ignore program, use it!

Do you know what its like to live on the far side of Uranus?

I don't think a VIP-area is the answer. We still want new ideas to flow in.

However, I wouldn't complain if mods started banning people with, say, more than 300 posts who spew long-disproven crap such as "Wii owners don't buy games", and stuff like that. There's no excuse for people who spend months in this site and either don't learn that's false or pretend they don't know.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

Nowhere, really! That's the internet dude, land of pseudo-serious business and ruled by a ceiling cat.
The closest it comes to intelligent discussion is NEOGAF, but just because it's so damn hard to join and so damn yesy to get banned.

haxxiy said:
Nowhere, really! That's the internet dude, land of pseudo-serious business and ruled by a ceiling cat.
The closest it comes to intelligent discussion is NEOGAF, but just because it's so damn hard to join and so damn yesy to get banned.

It's not hard, they are just lazy to click the damn button

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Neos said:
haxxiy said:

It's not hard, they are just lazy to click the damn button

Heh, maybe they are not intelligent enough, after all

If there were such a place, RVDondaPC, would you get invited? I was just looking at the "The Videogame industry is dying" thread, in which you admit you didn't read most of the article, and then go on to argue a point that the guy didn't make (he actually said the opposite).

Perhaps instead of looking for greener pastures, we should green up our own space a bit. It's something everyone can do.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

NJ5 said:

I don't think a VIP-area is the answer. We still want new ideas to flow in.

However, I wouldn't complain if mods started banning people with, say, more than 300 posts who spew long-disproven crap such as "Wii owners don't buy games", and stuff like that. There's no excuse for people who spend months in this site and either don't learn that's false or pretend they don't know.

That's a good point - there are so many 'repeat offenders' who simply won't accept facts and are determined to troll, often by steatlh, the agenda they are set on no matter how often they are dispproved.  Mind you, I find that you get less of that than other forums.  I'm amazed how many forums tolerate the same ignorance being spewed time and time again when everyone sensible knows it pure fantasy rubbish.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...